Anyone else hope they give the guards better AI in this?

#1GrrManPosted 3/20/2011 8:13:01 PM
As in, if you're near a corpse when it's found, you'll be taken in for questioning.

If you're seen covered in blood, carrying a corpse, stashing a corpse in something, etc., you'll be apprehended if seen.

If you are sneaking, they'll keep an eye on you.

If you sneak up to someone with a weapon out, they'll flip out and tackle you/knock your victim out of the way.

Drawing a weapon in public = they'll confront you and ask what the hell you're doing.

If you don't clean up your crime scene, they'll do things like analyze the wound ("this man was killed with three axe blows to the head!"), follow your bloody footprints, and so on.

I don't know if they have courts and all that in Skyrim, though, so... maybe it'll just be Ordinator-style martial law.
---
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Khalil Gibran
#2jaredm91Posted 3/20/2011 8:18:43 PM
AI is always something that can improve so yes it can always be better so I always want better.
#3goldenmouthPosted 3/20/2011 8:19:50 PM
uh this isn't CSI, please stop trying to make games glorify cops.
#4MonkeyBones23Posted 3/20/2011 8:21:54 PM
I don't think they should go into anything that detailed. They should not make them psychic and I would be happy just with that.
---
Redguard: Emperor of the Mudcrabs
Our Empire can not and shall not be stopped, for our power is as large as our hearts, and our will to live is infinite.
#5jaredm91Posted 3/20/2011 8:22:52 PM
Glorify cops lol it's about realism and npc who would react appropriately to seeing something.
#6collarbonePosted 3/20/2011 8:23:14 PM
people should comment when you have your weapon out when there are no enemies around. they should say things like what the hell are you doing and you're going to hurt yourself. when enemies are around they should thank you for saving their lives
#7goldenmouthPosted 3/20/2011 8:24:34 PM
dude, stop with the nonsense. having to sheathe your sword or holster a sidearm never improved game-play.

game-play > realism
#8Omega_GilgameshPosted 3/20/2011 8:26:16 PM
I'm actually kinda hoping they do the opposite: make them a little dumber. Other than reverse pickpocketing and poisoned apples (which I've yet to figure out how to reliably employ), there's NO WAY POSSIBLE that you can kill a guard without every guard in Cyrodiil automatically knowing, even with 100 Sneak and 100% Chameleon. That wouldn't bother me too much if not for the fact that you're forced to kill one in the Dark Brotherhood questline.
---
On "Why are you imprisoned at the beginning of TESV: Skyrim?"
"Being the wrong race, at the wrong time."-Irulesmost
#9jaredm91Posted 3/20/2011 8:29:26 PM
Gameplay > realism.

Anyone else smell the hypocrasy?
#10Omega_GilgameshPosted 3/20/2011 8:36:43 PM
jaredm91 posted...
Gameplay > realism.

Anyone else smell the hypocrasy?

Having guards inspect corpses and figure out it was you just from the nature of the wounds is definately over the line interfering with gameplay. Same with the "covered in blood" "if sneaking they will follow you" thing (although, they already do the latter, if you haven't noticed). However, if you have your weapon drawn in public and them issuing "friendly" warnings wouldn't be intrusive, as far as I can see. And while having city guards do thorough CSI-esque inspections of corpses would be over the line, I don't see how it would cause problems if the guards (and other people for that matter) actually noticed a dead body in public and reacted to it in some way, such as walking up, testing for a pulse, and otherwise inspecting the body for purely aesthetic purposes. I can't see how stuff like that would affect the gameplay negatively and would not add to the immersion. Imagine killing someone and blending into the crowd who comes to see what happened, feeling like a wolf in sheeps clothing among the flock. Besides, kill someone in public, and the crowds would be drawn to it, allowing you to go somewhere you're normally not allowed. Distractions, really.
---
On "Why are you imprisoned at the beginning of TESV: Skyrim?"
"Being the wrong race, at the wrong time."-Irulesmost