Another Topic on Kids in Elder Scrolls...

#1Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/22/2011 9:40:44 AM
So sure they could be kill-able or non kill-able but flee around and then disappear at a set time, but if they were kill-able, to counter act anyone trying to just killing them whenever they saw them, they could make hefty consequences for if you do kill them. Like the whole settlement becomes permanently hostile to you, even any quest givers for the main quest.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
What L4D5 will have: The Smokboohuntspitjockechargetankwitcher
#2Sniping_TurtlePosted 3/22/2011 9:43:35 AM(edited)
I think Bethesda made a good point making trolls killable.

Let's stick with that.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#3Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2011 9:46:32 AM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
So sure they could be kill-able or non kill-able but flee around and then disappear at a set time, but if they were kill-able, to counter act anyone trying to just killing them whenever they saw them, they could make hefty consequences for if you do kill them. Like the whole settlement becomes permanently hostile to you, even any quest givers for the main quest.

Why no little kid trolls? no kid wolves, bears, rats, mudcrabs... not kids at all... how have none of these animals died out yet... humans and the other races included...?
---
#4runner5676Posted 3/22/2011 11:30:17 AM
Why does this warrant another topic?
---
"now i want to go awall in this game and get hororly discharged to get out of this game. this plot is angry me" -Kittyheart
#5Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2011 9:23:41 PM
Cause it seems to be all the rage on the board at the moment. I for one wouldn't find anything wrong if they could die or not... its not like hey because its in a game, it must be the correct thing to do... Wouldn't change my way of thinking in reality at all, and I likely wouldn't kill them anyway unless they were as annoying as the little lamplight children from fallout 3.
---
#6Robtcee13Posted 3/22/2011 9:55:40 PM
^ I like how you actually realize that video games are, in fact, just video games.
---
If you think my name is silly, you should call me either Rob or LaughingThesaurus.
No need for being strictly formal on a message board, right?
#7runner5676Posted 3/23/2011 12:54:14 AM
Thats right, videogames aren't real so therefore we should be able to do anything we want right? Where do you personally draw the line? I could list examples of morally wrong stuff until you would decide that no, that idea is too sick to include in a videogame. But I wont because I would get modded.
---
"now i want to go awall in this game and get hororly discharged to get out of this game. this plot is angry me" -Kittyheart
#8GodSpark127Posted 3/23/2011 12:59:12 AM
There are literally dozens of active topics about this already, post in one of those and lock this damn thing.
---
You're in the topic. Topic is in the forum. Troll is in the forum.
#9Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2011 6:42:40 AM
Heck no, they should come to this topic instead...

And it is a video game, if the person playing this is so easily changed personality wise by the game, then needless to say, at some point in their life, they likely would have changed anyways, regardless of the game. So don't go the route of blaming the games for social problems. So that means pacman caused rises of drug use then during its era of newness?
---
#10gullgullgullPosted 3/23/2011 7:15:40 AM
runner5676 posted...
Thats right, videogames aren't real so therefore we should be able to do anything we want right? Where do you personally draw the line? I could list examples of morally wrong stuff until you would decide that no, that idea is too sick to include in a videogame. But I wont because I would get modded.

I've played HellMOO. There is no line.

P.S. Installing the Killable Children mod for Fallout 3 was one of the best decisions I ever made in regards to that game. It's like Bethesda knew you couldn't hurt the kids in Lamplight so they decided to make them as mouthy as possible.

If only I didn't play New Vegas on console, that kid on the corner advertising Mick & Ralph's was really obnoxious.