Why is Violence in Video Games such as Skyrim so Bad?

#11konokonohamaruPosted 3/23/2011 9:05:28 AM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
Who says its ok because it happens in real life? I am saying you should be so up in arms about what goes on in games when real life examples are happening. So say there is a drug cartel in say brazil that as a childe slave trade going on. Would you complain and try to do something about it or would you complain if that happened in a game instead?

Agree with you there ... unfortunately some politicians have nothing better to do than go after games because it's a much easier target than drug cartels in Mexico or even the gun lobby in the US (I'm looking at you Leland Yee and Jack Thompson)
---
Bioware Presents: The State of the Game Industry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMcVZQI6ybw
#12konokonohamaruPosted 3/23/2011 9:06:52 AM

If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound?

Quantum physics: it simultaneously does and doesn't until someone is there to find out.
---
Bioware Presents: The State of the Game Industry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMcVZQI6ybw
#13Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2011 9:08:12 AM
The gun lobby? What was that again...... forgot....

Kids and violence in general don't seem to mix when put together, and make seemingly good targets for people (that one woman who though that bulletstorm caused a increase in assault crimes...) to blame all the woes of humans on...
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
What L4D5 will have: The Smokboohuntspitjockechargetankwitcher
#14KaliestoPosted 3/23/2011 9:08:58 AM
This I agree:

Some things shouldn't be replicated in a video game based on real life.
---
---
I screeched at it for several minutes, and then THE GAME finally went crazy and burned itself...
#15blade6321Posted 3/23/2011 9:09:34 AM
konokonohamaru posted...

Quantum physics: it simultaneously does and doesn't until someone is there to find out.

He got ya there xD

And why spend so much time over petty issues when there is child slave trades all over the world?
---
Loyal Crabdom Ambassador.
"Such brave men and women / The Mudcrabs who have fallen"
#16Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2011 9:14:19 AM(edited)
konokonohamaru posted...

But what makes a someone? Another tree, an animal, a space alien, or a human?
I would go into inanimate objects too, but eh I don't fell like inching off into the direction of some belief that all things have souls be they alive and whatnot.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
What L4D5 will have: The Smokboohuntspitjockechargetankwitcher
#17valium88Posted 3/23/2011 9:15:37 AM

Bethesda, we need something new to talk about....NOW!

#18charyptisPosted 3/23/2011 9:42:10 AM
Kaliesto posted...
park_bench posted...
You're right, violence in games isnt even close to the reality of violence in real life today.

If you are against violence then you are against humanity because it happens in our world every second of every day.

HOW DARE YOU! Violence is a bane to humanity! How could you widely accept THIS! Are you f****** saying that evil side of humanity should be ******** embraced? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU! Man screw this game for a minute, I have a damn bone to pick with you. *all because we are mammals* well guess what as a intelligent species we should be above violence and people have the power to change their ways, you all just don't try.
---

Well if you feel so strongly about killing children in a game or violence altogether. You should ask yourself, what have you done to help stop violence in the world. But instead you are complaining about something so trivial as killing in a video game. If bethesda has child killing in a video game, its not going to change the world. No cataclysmic event will happen(ill see you guys in 2012!!!!), its not going to start some type of extremist(tea party)/conservative uprising. And I hope no one goes out and starts killing children, and blames Skyrim. So at the end of the day, when your at home questioning peoples views about "human nature" over what you read on this board, once again you must ask yourselfl; what have i done to help stop violence in the world. But I digress...

Also, why are you taking the peolpe on this board so seriously. There all morons, Im a moron. But we have been conditioned to be able to tell the distinction between VR and actuality. So no one on here will be going to a elementary school and going on a rampage.
---
BRICK SQUAD!!!! BOW! BOW!BOW!!!