Double Standards

#1charyptisPosted 3/23/2011 10:23:52 AM
I dont undrestand why some people are offended by killing children and are not offended by killing adults. Me personally, im not offended by either. And this is an M game, you should expect this. If your too sensitive too paly a game thats rated M. Murder is Murder, it doesnt matter if its an adlt thats getting killed or a child, its still the same(even though if a child was killed, everyone would be sad). But I digress....
---
BRICK SQUAD!!!! BOW! BOW!BOW!!!
#2Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/23/2011 10:25:12 AM
charyptis posted...
I dont undrestand why some people are offended by killing children and are not offended by killing adults. Me personally, im not offended by either. And this is an M game, you should expect this. If your too sensitive too paly a game thats rated M. Murder is Murder, it doesnt matter if its an adlt thats getting killed or a child, its still the same(even though if a child was killed, everyone would be sad). But I digress....

Children are viewed as having futures and as such have more value.... Granted though in third world countries where children or likely to die young, then this view may not apply there.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
What L4D5 will have: The Smokboohuntspitjockechargetankwitcher
#3charyptis(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2011 10:28:26 AM
either way. if people are offended by children dieing, why arent they offended by adults dieing. Either way a life is taken
---
#4ronnetPosted 3/23/2011 10:47:05 AM

charyptis posted...
---

It exists in real life as well. When a child dies, murdered or not then people wil lfeel more bad about it then when an adult dies. Children have experienced so little of life and they are defenceless as well.

I'm not sure if it is a double standard for it to be a double standard it has to concern twoequals threated differently. Children are different from adults for the reason stated above.

I personally dont think killing animated objects in a game is wrong but I can see why some would think it is. If you believe that it can lead to violence then allowing people to kill virtual children will lead to violence towards children. The same crowed that usually frowns on murder in games will go nuts over killing virtual children.

#5FruityCray0nPosted 3/23/2011 10:50:24 AM
why isn't it just as simple as ''if you don't want to kill children, then don't buy the freaking game?''
---
SSJGrimReaper:If FruityCray0n doesn't approve, this topic is null and void
GT:Evil Monoxide (wielding the Mudcrabflag ever since Ajd told me so)
#6charyptis(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2011 10:50:25 AM
those people piss me off
---
#7ronnetPosted 3/23/2011 10:57:27 AM

FruityCray0n posted...
why isn't it just as simple as ''if you don't want to kill children, then don't buy the freaking game?''
---

Because we live in a society. We cant simply say 'I'll do what I want to do, and you'll do what you want to do'. Because if one person wants to raise a family and another person wants to kill everyone then they can't really live in the same society.

Some people believe that videogames are bad for you and that there is a direct connection between real world violence and violence in videogames. Whether it is actually true doesnt matter, for these people the virtual murder of a child is an horrific new element to their hated videogame industry. And because this effects them they feel the need to do something about it.

I myself believe that we should let everyone be as long as it doesn't hurt others. So if a dude wants to have consensual sex with another dude then let them. And if someone wants to murder a virtual child then let him, because I believe this won't lead to real world violence.It is like this:

A real murderer will also play violentvideogamesbut not all people who play violent videogames are murderers.

#8FruityCray0nPosted 3/23/2011 11:44:30 AM
^agreed
---
#9EmerDarlothPosted 3/23/2011 11:49:21 AM
I started coming to this board for the ideas the game is base on and what we could all hope for. It has sadly begun to digress into butthurt gamers not wanting to kill virtual children because it is violent and unrealistic. I vote for getting back on topic and seeing what others think about this game, not lame 5 page long arguments over killable children or not. We don't have anything to defend and it's just a bunch of fools whaaaing over what COULd happen. Deal with it losers and move on.
---
Shadow hide you.-Emer Dareloth, Master Thief
#10charyptis(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2011 11:55:06 AM
ronnet posted...

FruityCray0n posted...

why isn't it just as simple as ''if you don't want to kill children, then don't buy the freaking game?''---SSJGrimReaper:If FruityCray0n doesn't approve, this topic is null and void GT:Evil Monoxide (wielding the Mudcrabflag ever since Ajd told me so)

Because we live in a society. We cant simply say 'I'll do what I want to do, and you'll do what you want to do'. Because if one person wants to raise a family and another person wants to kill everyone then they can't really live in the same society.Some people believe that videogames are bad for you and that there is a direct connection between real world violence and violence in videogames. Whether it is actually true doesnt matter, for these people the virtual murder of a child is an horrific new element to their hated videogame industry. And because this effects them they feel the need to do something about it.I myself believe that we should let everyone be as long as it doesn't hurt others. So if a dude wants to have consensual sex with another dude then let them. And if someone wants to murder a virtual child then let him, because I believe this won't lead to real world violence.It is like this:A real murderer will also play violentvideogamesbut not all people who play violent videogames are murderers.

well said
---