*Takes a BC powder*

#1Gary95Posted 3/24/2011 1:43:27 PM
Ugh.. you kids talking about killing yourselves and each other is giving me a headache. So what I'd like to know is: What's the big God damn deal?

1. They're fiction people made of polygons and no matter how tall they are, they are all the same age. They are not real.

2. Some of you "psychology majors" out there say it will cause people to think it's ok in real life. Well, by that judgment, the lot of you would be in jail already for killing an adult. But you haven't yet, have you?

3. Well, if any of you played Bulletstorm, you're automatically a rapist. http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/02/08/bulletstorm-worst-game-kids/ (this article will cause you to lose some faith in humanity)

So can we please drop the bull****? Grow up a little. If you don't want to kill kids, fine, but if they are killable in the game it only adds to how careful you must be around them. It actually adds to how you play the game. If one dies from a dragon attack, you might feel a bit strongly about that and have a damn good reason to be a hero.

To me, the only way to make the game would be to allow it or at least some form of it like a permanent coma. That doesn't mean everyone will go around killing kids. No game in the world is going to "make" you do anything you wouldn't already do.
---
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/965/kingcodebra.jpg ~ by masterpug53
#2MonkeyBones23Posted 3/24/2011 1:45:48 PM
"2. Some of you "psychology majors" out there say it will cause people to think it's ok in real life. Well, by that judgment, the lot of you would be in jail already for killing an adult. But you haven't yet, have you? "

I'm offended. That's not true at all. That's what certain parents and politicians say.
---
Redguard: Emperor of the Mudcrabs
Our Empire can not and shall not be stopped, for our power is as large as our hearts, and our will to live is infinite.
#3TheFifthPersonPosted 3/24/2011 1:46:08 PM
Oh dear, I read the article, I hate humanity now :(
---
Co-head of the Elder Council of Crabdom.
I shot J.R! (original, I know!)
#4konokonohamaruPosted 3/24/2011 1:47:08 PM
*stabs TC in butt with knife... then twists for maximum discomfort*
---
Bioware Presents: The State of the Game Industry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMcVZQI6ybw
#5GodSpark127Posted 3/24/2011 1:47:51 PM
That Bulletstorm article is... good god. Forget killing kids, will there be killable Fox news reporters?
---
You're in the topic. Topic is in the forum. Troll is in the forum.
#6Gary95(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2011 1:47:56 PM
KinkYOW!!
---
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/965/kingcodebra.jpg ~ by masterpug53
#7blade6321Posted 3/24/2011 1:49:23 PM
I saw that article a while back...

I lol'd...

There's going to be violence in this game, end of story, get over it.
---
Loyal Crabdom Ambassador.
"Such brave men and women / The Mudcrabs who have fallen"
#8aDominationPosted 3/24/2011 1:53:45 PM
Yeah that article funny, first off hows a 9 year old getting there hands on a game like that anyways? thats not a failure of the game developer, lets face it the more shocking or gory a game is the more it sells, for examples look how movies are now. Parents allow there kids if not buy them these games at a young age, and when something goes wrong they blame the game not themselves.
---
..Nothing is true Everything is permitted....
#9nolincPosted 3/24/2011 3:53:23 PM
Lieberman and others say it's useless, because it isn't enforced at retail.

It isn't enforced you dumbasses, because the idiots that those 9 years olds have for parents are even dumber than you and don't heed what it says on the box.

-_-'
I hate people who can't take a minute and think these things through.
---
<(^_I)^^(I_^)> Grand elder and part-time religious zealot of the Crabdom
I don't care. I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me.
#10MonkeyBones23Posted 3/24/2011 3:54:27 PM
Are you mad nolinc. I would think you knew who goes on Gamefaqs.
---
Redguard: Emperor of the Mudcrabs
Our Empire can not and shall not be stopped, for our power is as large as our hearts, and our will to live is infinite.