I possess great concern about the fundamentals of emotions and death

#1pro9b17Posted 3/24/2011 6:11:38 PM
One thing that we must be certain about is whether emotions in Skyrim will be concrete. Now, for a character to possess emotion, the character must have an understanding of sympathy, empathy, and the primitive yet convoluted built-in basics of being able to express emotion. If characters in this game seem to show transparency when it comes to these basic fundamentals, it's very possible that the immersion factors for those who play this game will also be transparent.

What are your opinions of this?
---
"Rock is OP, but Paper is fine." - Scissors
#2valium88Posted 3/24/2011 7:34:39 PM

Well, a game is a game.

#3Sniping_TurtlePosted 3/24/2011 7:37:44 PM
I believe you look too deep into games, and that if you ever play one for long enough, you'll most likely be turned into a sociopath.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#4YTryAtMW2Posted 3/24/2011 7:38:49 PM
wtf? r u an english scholar? seriously its like im reading shakespeare on a videogame board
---
Soon, after years of turmoil, i will have finally sent mudcrabs back from whence they came...My ***!!!BwaHaHa
#5konokonohamaruPosted 3/24/2011 7:42:54 PM
If you play your game hard enough, you can get it to cry out in pleasure and then cry out in sorrow when you decide to turn it off
---
Bioware Presents: The State of the Game Industry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMcVZQI6ybw
#6Firestorm12Posted 3/24/2011 7:56:09 PM
Oh ****, intelligence.

Emotions are difficult to grasp overall. Humans are the only species as of yet to explicitly show emotions, such as joy, grief, and anger. This is compounded by the fact that every persons emotion is different for each. Therefore, Skyrim my hit spot on with emotional weight, while being completely opposite of the next average gamer. That is reason for the lack of emotional depth. For if one was to delve into the nature of emotions completely and showcase a deep emotional range, then you begin to limit your pool. Games need a certain level of transparency in order to appeal to greater range of individuals. Not everyone may, as explained earlier, experience the same, desired, emotion at any given time.

Indeed, in order to craft a sense of true emotion, one must delve into the psyche of the player himself. They must reach a point to where an emotion, we will take love for an example, is overwhelming for each person. In order to achieve that, they must craft a character that is completely perfect in every sense in order to appeal to any gamer. To reel in true emotion from individuals, one must study and learn what makes every person feel. They must find a primal sense embedded in each and every one of us and play up to that.

In conclusion, in order to craft immersion for everybody, one must create a line between transparency and true emotion. Transparent enough so as a gamer may see himself in it, yet has enough emotional depth to draw the gamer in further. Truely, emotion and immersion are fickle beasts...

Or some **** like that.
---
If the opposite of "Pro" is "Con"...
What is the opposite of "Progress"?
#7GodSpark127Posted 3/24/2011 8:25:02 PM
pro9b17 posted...
One thing that we must be certain about is whether emotions in Skyrim will be concrete. Now, for a character to possess emotion, the character must have an understanding of sympathy, empathy, and the primitive yet convoluted built-in basics of being able to express emotion. If characters in this game seem to show transparency when it comes to these basic fundamentals, it's very possible that the immersion factors for those who play this game will also be transparent.

What are your opinions of this?

It's been said that goblins have been spotted near here. Filthy creatures, I hear the wizards of Summerset can train them.

*Blank stare*
---
You're in the topic. Topic is in the forum. Troll is in the forum.
#8thatmovingbushPosted 3/24/2011 8:34:53 PM
Good news from kvatch for a change. I hear the last of daedra have been driven out.
---
"My mistake: four coffins" -The Man With No Name
*sneaks into topic*
#9runner5676Posted 3/24/2011 10:46:02 PM
I think TC is asking that our characters make angry faces while killing people like on other 'puter games.
---
"now i want to go awall in this game and get hororly discharged to get out of this game. this plot is angry me" -Kittyheart
#10da1337CrowPosted 3/24/2011 10:52:10 PM
YTryAtMW2 posted...
wtf? r u an english scholar? seriously its like im reading shakespeare on a videogame board

Wow.

I'm going to try as hard as I can to believe that was sarcasm.
---
Not everything is epic, ****heads.