Pronunciation

• Topic Archived
5 years ago#1
Is the pronunciation really sky-rim? Doesnt sound right. Cyrodiil sounds great the way it is and fits the fantasy setting. Sky-rim sounds out of place everytime i hear it. I like Skeerim. Anybody?
Little high like noon on the moon
5 years ago#2
Sky. Rim. Skyrim.
You can take my karma, but you'll never take...MY FREEDOM!!!!!!
GT: Capnovan
5 years ago#3
Makes me think of cloud city with Lando in Star wars.
5 years ago#4
It is one word not two. It should sound like one word not two.
5 years ago#5
You could pronounce it Skii-rim if you want to be special.

Hell nobody will notice, the people at midnight launches are all oddballs.
"now i want to go awall in this game and get hororly discharged to get out of this game. this plot is angry me" -Kittyheart
5 years ago#6
You could just pronounce it skyrim but merge the two syllables a little bit, sort of fade the line between the 'two words'. That way it sounds like sky-rim but... only with one word instead of two.
If you think my name is silly, you should call me either Rob or LaughingThesaurus.
No need for being strictly formal on a message board, right?
5 years ago#7
I pronounce it as Skyreem. I no it's not right, but it has more of a fantasy feel to me as opposed to Sky-Rim.
Sticks and stones may break your bones, but Dragon Shouts will kill you.
5 years ago#8
Exactly thats what i mean. Good to know im not alone on this
5 years ago#9
rathiel2112 posted...
I pronounce it as Skyreem. I no it's not right, but it has more of a fantasy feel to me as opposed to Sky-Rim.

Wow... no=know... shows my level of intelligence. I suppose that makes my opinion rather pointless and stupid just like me. Sorry TC, I have failed you.

*commits seppikou*(probably spelled that wrong too
Sticks and stones may break your bones, but Dragon Shouts will kill you.
5 years ago#10
rathiel2112 posted...
rathiel2112 posted...

Wow... no=know... shows my level of intelligence. I suppose that makes my opinion rather pointless and stupid just like me. Sorry TC, I have failed you.

*commits seppikou*(probably spelled that wrong too

Seppuku, and it's ok. lol

When I played before they announced Skyrim, I thought it was pronounced Skeerim as well. I was corrected by what I learned, and now I pronounce it the way the developers want me too. Sky-rim. I now like it better.
GT: TrustXBetrayal

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived