Pronunciation

#31SamuriChameleonPosted 4/4/2011 7:01:02 PM
Don''t they pronounce it sky-rim in all the trailers and when Todd Howard announced it at the video game awards?
#32AtnevonPosted 4/4/2011 10:33:24 PM
I thought it was /skairim/ in Oblivion. You're saying it's /skairIm/ ?
#33rathiel2112Posted 4/4/2011 11:12:35 PM
Actually, the trailers are referring to the region of "Sky-Rim." Just because this game happens to share the same letters does not mean that it is pronounced the same. Oblivion was obviously not named after the region it took place in. In fact the y and m are silent for the actual pronunciation.

If you don't believe me, then read the word read out loud and think about how you read it the second time.
---
Sticks and stones may break your bones, but Dragon Shouts will kill you.
#34capnovanPosted 4/4/2011 11:16:35 PM
Sky. Rim. Skyrim.
---
You can take my karma, but you'll never take...MY FREEDOM!!!!!!
GT: Capnovan
#35akios88Posted 4/5/2011 4:37:06 AM
rathiel2112 posted...
Actually, the trailers are referring to the region of "Sky-Rim." Just because this game happens to share the same letters does not mean that it is pronounced the same. Oblivion was obviously not named after the region it took place in. In fact the y and m are silent for the actual pronunciation.

If you don't believe me, then read the word read out loud and think about how you read it the second time.

lol. don't know if serious. I know for a fact that skyrim isn't pronounced "skri"
---
GT: TrustXBetrayal
#36kcooper_007Posted 4/5/2011 6:31:34 AM

Oh sweet! Yet another pronunciation thread on a Gamespot/GameFAQs forum!

You guys carry on while I finish off making a topic about how this game is just 'Fallout 3 with swords' - brb!

;3

#37rathiel2112Posted 4/5/2011 8:37:03 PM
akios88 posted...
rathiel2112 posted...

lol. don't know if serious. I know for a fact that skyrim isn't pronounced "skri"

Ya, that was a poor attempt at a cliffracer joke...
---
#38SkarynPosted 4/6/2011 11:21:51 PM
Anyone saying anything other than "sky-rim" is not only wrong but incredibly stupid as well.
#39rathiel2112Posted 4/6/2011 11:31:56 PM
Skaryn posted...
Anyone saying anything other than "sky-rim" is not only wrong but incredibly stupid as well.

What do you have against people with lisps?

Seriously not cool.
---
#40akios88Posted 4/7/2011 8:04:49 PM
rathiel2112 posted...
akios88 posted...
rathiel2112 posted...

Ya, that was a poor attempt at a cliffracer joke...

Oh, thank you for clarifying. I'm sorry, I just did not get it at all lol.

altho, theriouthly guyth thtop making fun of thkyrim!
---
GT: TrustXBetrayal