What's your character's story for being in prisoner in the beginning?

#1GeddenPosted 4/5/2011 7:26:26 AM
Todd Howard mentions in a podcast that he liked the idea that we the player will make up our own reason/story for being in prison at the beginning of the game.

Do you plan on creating such a story? If so, please feel free to share it here. I'm for one am still trying to think of one--while waiting for the damn game to release.
---
"Happiness makes up for in height for what it lacks in length."
#2OnePolishGuyPosted 4/5/2011 7:31:19 AM
hopefully, i can make myself responsible for why everyones fighting in the first place. LOL
---
"One minute youve got dead lice falling off your head, the next youre all over the board like ****ing Sea Biscuit!" ~Bad Santa
#3Sniping_TurtlePosted 4/5/2011 7:33:58 AM(edited)
Well it's been like that in every game...

I think it was because I stole a fork...

But seriously, in this case I imagine it was because I was an outcast living alone in the wilderness until the Imperial Legion came to collect taxes. I put up a valiant effort, but after many fallen Imperial Legionnaires, I was captured and sentenced to death.

If I'm not being executed by Imperial Legionnaires, then replace them with corrupt town guards.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#4VampLordAdamaruPosted 4/5/2011 7:33:11 AM
I jaywalked while on the way to my usual hangout to loiter, which, of course, is on the grass that has a sign that reads "Do not step on the grass." In the process of the afore-mentioned jaywalking, I littered. The litter was none other than that tag on the mattress that says "Do not remove under penalty of law."

Sufficed to say, I'm a badass. :3
---
There are no stupid questions... There are, however, a LOT of stupid people...
(Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub) FEAR MY SPORK!!
#5Gedden(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2011 7:47:42 AM
VampLordAdamaru posted...
I jaywalked while on the way to my usual hangout to loiter, which, of course, is on the grass that has a sign that reads "Do not step on the grass." In the process of the afore-mentioned jaywalking, I littered. The litter was none other than that tag on the mattress that says "Do not remove under penalty of law."

/\ Damn Vamp-youz crazy ;-).

I think it would be interesting if while creating your character you could choose a preset determined background of why you're a prisoner (multiple choices of course--and not like DA:O). While it would undoubtedly limit ones decision on how they got there (being a prisoner) -they could (Bethsoft) then create specific quests later on related to your chosen set back ground.

For example, say one story to choose from would be your parents were murdered due to owing the local warlord money. At some point you'd come across said warlord and his/her gang and take him out of course. Let's also say you obtain a unique weapon that was your father's that they stole and the stats would be level based.

Sorry I'm meandering a bit while thinking of a story.
---
"Happiness makes up for in height for what it lacks in length."
#6VampLordAdamaruPosted 4/5/2011 7:51:59 AM
Gedden posted...
VampLordAdamaru posted...

/\ Damn Vamp-youz crazy ;-).

I think it would be interesting if while creating your character you could choose a preset determined background of why you're a prisoner (multiple choices of course--and not like DA:O). While it would undoubtedly limit ones decision on how they got there (being a prisoner) -they could (Bethsoft) then create specific quests later on related to your chosen set back ground.

For example, say one story to choose from would be your parents were murdered due to owing the local warlord money. At some point you'd come across said warlord and his/her gang and take him out of course. Let's also say you obtain a unique weapon that was your father's that they stole and the stats would be level based.

Sorry I'm meandering a bit while thinking of a story.

Actually, Gedden, that's a pretty awesome idea, and would definitely be interesting.

Kind of reminds me of the Mass Effect back-stories, like picking the Earth-born background

****MINOR SPOILERS****

lets you meet a guy from your old gang and have a quest involving him.

****END SPOILERS****

Things like that are always interesting to me. ^__^
---
There are no stupid questions... There are, however, a LOT of stupid people...
(Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub) FEAR MY SPORK!!
#7agentspoonPosted 4/5/2011 8:00:57 AM
The wrong Race in the wrong place.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#8Peoples8201Posted 4/5/2011 8:57:28 AM
I witnessed a murder by an Imperial official who framed me for it instead.
---
Currently Serving: United States Air Force...PSN/XBOX Gamertag: Logic8807
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII and Call of Duty: Black Ops
#9NateDoggXPosted 4/5/2011 9:34:08 AM
Didn't do it...lawyer f***** me.
---
I don't trust hippies.They talk about "free love" but when it's time to get down to business, they always have an excuse.
#10Kronik7109Posted 4/5/2011 9:46:52 AM
I attempted to move a large shipment of Skooma from Cyrodiil to Skyrim When all of a sudden I hear "Stop criminal scum!" "You have violated the law"
---
Expert Pro Drums 2x Bass Pedal