Why don't people here want the ability to kill children in this game?

#21underfloPosted 4/7/2011 5:20:31 PM
Ok obviously there is only one answer, all video games should now come out as 2-d side scrollers were run along and jump on things heads... oh wait thats to violent... scratch that...all games should come out as a short intro movie, followed by credits (which will from now on be called the super awesome fun happy time game), because anything that slightly resembles the killing/ disfiguring/ maiming/ or destroying of any humaniod/ mammalian / avian/ or reptilian organism (be it pixelated or real) is evil, and you will be going straight to hell were satan shall sodomize you with a giant canoe paddle... If you dont agree your going to hell. So we should just end all the child killing talk and get back to our "super awesome fun happy time game".
#22kyboticaPosted 4/7/2011 5:32:14 PM
I understand why people dont want child-killing in the game, and have always thought that there is a very simple compromise. When a town is cleared of "x" number of adults, remove a proportionate number "y" of children as well. That way we can wipe out a settlement and not have the feeling of a "wiped out settlement" being ruined by a bunch of invincible kids running around. Make the kids go unconcious or run away, and then just remove them from that save file entirely if their homes are wiped out. No clue why I haven't seen anybody post something like this idea. It would be a decent compromise right?
---
"I mean, if I killed George Bush that wouldn't make portals to Iraq appear in my front yard." -Massany7 on Oblivion
#23runner5676Posted 4/7/2011 5:49:56 PM
HPUFO posted...

People have been using that argument since violent games came out yet no one have ever been able to prove a correlation. .

That's like saying that having a videogame where you can molest children is okay, because it wouldnt make you do it in real life.
---
"now i want to go awall in this game and get hororly discharged to get out of this game. this plot is angry me" -Kittyheart
#24JosephDMcDanielPosted 4/7/2011 6:16:20 PM(edited)
^ That comparison isn't exactly fair. Bethesda doesn't allow you to molest adults either.

You can kill adults but not children. If one is in the other honestly should be as well. Can you honestly say that killing an adult is any less heinous than killing a child? Murder is murder, regardless of the age of the victim. Saying that it's immoral to kill children in a video game but ok to kill adults is hypocritical and an absurd double standard.

I absolutely understand why Bethesda isn't going to put killable children in. It would be stupid from a business standpoint. Ideally though, I would want children to be killable, but not having them isn't a deal breaker.

And as for that "stupid conservatives" remark... anyone who actually believes that this is some sort of ideological battle between Rs and Ds is mentally deficient.
---
Estelle: They're... bouncing... Judith: What are you looking at?
Estelle: I wish I could bounce...
#25WheezinEdPosted 4/7/2011 6:14:39 PM

That's like saying that having a videogame where you can molest children is okay, because it wouldnt make you do it in real life.

Depends on what you mean by ok.
---
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6348/problemjc.jpg
#26runner5676Posted 4/7/2011 6:14:41 PM
JosephDMcDaniel posted...
^ That comparison isn't exactly fair. Bethesda doesn't allow you to molest adults either.

Why not? Nobody is harmed by it.
---
"now i want to go awall in this game and get hororly discharged to get out of this game. this plot is angry me" -Kittyheart
#27JosephDMcDanielPosted 4/7/2011 6:18:50 PM
^ No one is harmed by you defecating in your hand and throwing it at someone either, but that wouldn't make sense as a gameplay mechanic, and neither does molestation.
---
#28runner5676Posted 4/7/2011 6:21:20 PM
^ No one is harmed by you defecating in your hand and throwing it at someone either, but that wouldn't make sense as a gameplay mechanic, and neither does molestation.

That's a bad comparison. Quite a lot of people would get a kick out of having sexual molestation in a videogame, whether they would admit it or not is another matter.

And some would probably get a kick out of flinging poo as well.
---
#29JosephDMcDanielPosted 4/7/2011 6:27:55 PM(edited)
^ No, it's actually not a bad comparison at all.

You can kill people in TES games. You cant kill children though.
You can't molest anyone in any TES games.

The comparison you made is bad. I compared two things (molestation and feces flinging) which both do not make sense as a gameplay mechanic. Killing children doesn't exactly make sense as a gameplay mechanic either; however, it makes even less sense to have immortal children while you can kill adults.
---
#30runner5676Posted 4/7/2011 6:45:32 PM

You can't molest anyone in any TES games.

But to say it doesn't make sense as a gameplay mechanic is flawed, lots of people would enjoy it, but it's left out of the game because it's distasteful.
---