Skyrim vs Diablo 3 vs world of warcraft. Which will be the better rpg?

#1bronze4v4proPosted 4/27/2011 12:27:45 PM
i love huge open worlds and i love loot crawlers w/ huge worlds as well.

i really hope skyrim and diablo 3 don't get streamlined like mass effect 2 and dragon age 2 and become some linear walking hallway. I want them to have gigantic worlds with lots of sidequests and optional bosses and dungeons and stuff.

Which do you think will be the better rpg?
---
this screenshot is for warcraft 3 players: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5835/masscritters.jpg
#2MyselfisyousPosted 4/27/2011 12:29:47 PM
Akyrim, cause it aint hack and slash, and isnt an mmo, they dont count as rpgs.
---
"Mars needs women, Angry, red women"
Rob Zombie
#3runner5676Posted 4/27/2011 12:30:30 PM
Oh now you're just being obvious. You didn't even make a second post in your fast travel topic did you?
---
"now i want to go awall in this game and get hororly discharged to get out of this game. this plot is angry me" -Kittyheart
#4JokernaterPosted 4/27/2011 12:30:35 PM
This is Beth and Blizzard we are talking about. They are the best at making RPG's.

I dont think you can say one is better than the other because they are different styles of games. Skyrim is an open world do whatever you want RPG. While Diablo 3 is a game based off of loot and dungeon crawling.
---
"The Lusty Argonian Maid" Written and performed by CsG X Joker, coming to theaters near you!
#5couchtater12345Posted 4/27/2011 12:31:10 PM
Well they're completely different from each other so you can hardly compare them. But in terms of personal enjoyment it'll probably be Skyrim and then Diablo III for a close second. WoW sucks scrotum
---
I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.
#6JokernaterPosted 4/27/2011 12:31:51 PM
^ lol to the last part.
---
"The Lusty Argonian Maid" Written and performed by CsG X Joker, coming to theaters near you!
#7pro9b17Posted 4/27/2011 12:32:24 PM
Skyrim > all
---
"Rock is OP, but Paper is fine." - Scissors
#8runner5676Posted 4/27/2011 12:32:33 PM
Jokernater posted...
This is Beth and Blizzard we are talking about. They are the best at making RPG's.-.

Damn now you've gone and sucked me in.

Blizzard dont make rpgs. They make RTS games.

They made one thing they call an RPG, but it's really just a grindfest which people pay to endure.
---
"now i want to go awall in this game and get hororly discharged to get out of this game. this plot is angry me" -Kittyheart
#9JokernaterPosted 4/27/2011 12:37:51 PM
^ So just because they have different mechanics than beth games, they arent RPG's?

I really hate it when someone comes along and says that beth are the ONLY ones who make RPG's anymore. The diablo series are excellent RPG's, and even though they arent the uber-open-world-be-what-you-want-where-you-want-fest that the TES games are, that doesnt mean they arent RPG's.
---
#10MyselfisyousPosted 4/27/2011 12:47:07 PM
has nothing to do with beth.
just hack and slashis not "Role playing"
And being locked into skills with no choice and BUYING skills with money is not an rpg.

But i should stop before i bring down the "wrath of the zzard."
---
"Mars needs women, Angry, red women"
Rob Zombie