Is enchanting a new skill or a returning one?

#1pro9b17Posted 4/28/2011 1:22:12 AM
I don't seem to recall it as a skill in Oblivion, but it's been two years since I played it. I never played Morrowind however. Is it a skill that is returning from one of the earlier games?

Either way, I can't wait to be able to use it. Logic tells me that as your skill grows in Enchanting, the more powerful enchantments you can make. I'm just gonna sit around and enchant things all day until I can make my rusty iron broadsword into the greatest weapon in Skyrim.
---
"Rock is OP, but Paper is fine." - Scissors
#2Aleph_XPosted 4/28/2011 1:36:35 AM
Enchant was a school of magic in Morrowind and was for the most part pretty useless. It really only effected how well you could create enchanted items. I hope they do more with it this time around, I missed it I just hope they make it more practical.
---
Dying is such a waste of good health.
#3jam17692Posted 4/28/2011 2:30:20 AM
you see for most skills in morrowind the number of points in a skill was the percentage of the time you would successfully use that ability this meant that if you had 30 points in enchanting you would only successfully enchant something 30 percent of the time..... this was probably why the limit for training per level was how gold you had and most trainers could train you in multiple skills
#4jam17692Posted 4/28/2011 11:56:39 AM
bump
#5jam17692Posted 5/5/2011 2:28:57 AM
a blast from the past
#6ZarnonElchrisPosted 5/5/2011 5:44:17 AM
"It really only effected how well you could create enchanted items"

It also reduced the cost of using a magic item, so you could get more uses out of it before waiting for it to recharge.
#7VampLordAdamaruPosted 5/5/2011 5:51:13 AM
Not to mention being able to create all sorts of nifty items like Perm-Effect Levitation... >__>
---
There are no stupid questions... There are, however, a LOT of stupid people...
(Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub) FEAR MY SPORK!!
#8AlleRacingPosted 5/5/2011 10:48:02 AM

"It really only effected how well you could create enchanted items"

It also reduced the cost of using a magic item, so you could get more uses out of it before waiting for it to recharge.

And it also influenced how fast the item would recharge when sleeping, and how much you could recharge it with a soul gem.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://card.mygamercard.net/cylinder/Alle5.png