wait, is one-handed going to be overpowered?

#1konokonohamaruPosted 5/2/2011 4:43:21 PM
so, presumably unarmed is a combat skill right? that makes the 6 combat skills: 1-handed, 2-handed, block, heavy armor, crafting/repair, and unarmed. No dual wield.

So that means dual wielding 1-handed weapons will fall into the 1-handed category, mirite? That means 1-handers can now go sword & shield for defense OR dual wield for offense. Who would ever want to go with 2-handed now except for aesthetic or RP reasons?
---
Bioware Presents: The State of the Game Industry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMcVZQI6ybw
#2my_name_is_EdPosted 5/2/2011 4:46:42 PM
People who take your ever present troll-bait =3
---
Not changing sig untill "Kiss Me Where It Smells Funny" by Bloodhound Gang is added to RB/GH.Started 09/08/09
Proud Member of IRDC
#3konokonohamaru(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2011 4:47:18 PM
i'm nooooot trolling =(

not this time =)
---
#4VampLordAdamaruPosted 5/2/2011 4:49:13 PM
1-Hander = Speed

2-Hander = Power

Silly kono and his smartass topics... :3
---
There are no stupid questions... There are, however, a LOT of stupid people...
(Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub) FEAR MY SPORK!!
#5my_name_is_EdPosted 5/2/2011 4:50:46 PM
As much as I want to believe you, surely you'll understand that, given your recent track record, I must choose to disbelieve you.
---
Not changing sig untill "Kiss Me Where It Smells Funny" by Bloodhound Gang is added to RB/GH.Started 09/08/09
Proud Member of IRDC
#6newNAPOLEANPosted 5/2/2011 4:52:29 PM

i never used 2 handed in oblivion, i loved my umbra and easthulan of chorrol

#7konokonohamaru(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2011 4:54:09 PM
i just think 2-handers are getting a raw deal, that's all. 1-handers get a whole new fighting style to play with. What do 2-handers get?

Some new moves like a cleaving attack that hits multiple enemies would be good *hint hint, bethesda*
---
#8my_name_is_EdPosted 5/2/2011 4:57:22 PM(edited)
A sonic wave should emanate from the head of a 2 handed mace/hammer, when you smash someone's face, or the ground.

Seriously, I ****ing love 2 handed hammers.
---
Proud Member of IRDC
#9lenmuttPosted 5/2/2011 4:59:47 PM(edited)
wait shouldn't there be like perk for players that dual wield rather than using a single weapon or a one handed weapon and shield?
#10FighterOfFirePosted 5/2/2011 5:07:26 PM
When dual-wielding the raw power of each sword is dumbed down do the the fact that you can't make each swing as powerful when using 2.

Something along those lines? If a giant hammer isn't stronger than two daggers (no enchants) then Skyrim will be fail.
---
... And that's how I went from 450 karma to 377 karma in 2 hours.