wait, is one-handed going to be overpowered?

#21Jackal1367Posted 5/3/2011 8:28:39 AM
I was under the impression that dual wielding would be under 2-handed, I think there was an interview that said this I'll try to find it, since you use two hands to do it.
#22Strakadh_OFPosted 5/3/2011 9:38:27 AM
Im sure people get knocked around a lot when using 2H and obviously it does a lot more damage

Duh
---
I hate all Elves that were ever in anything ever made. Elves suck.
GT: Evanzlazer
#23Lord BaconPosted 5/3/2011 10:59:49 AM
Aggrosaur posted...
Lord Bacon posted...
IIRC, you can't block while dual wielding but can block with 2 handed weapons, so while a 2 handed weapon would likely have a bit less dps, you would still be able to block.

1 hander + shield = half defense, half offense

1 hander + 1 hander = pure offense, no defense at all

2 hander = 3/5 offense, 2/5 defense. Or something like that. above half offense and less than half defense.

Wrong, dual wield is going to work almost like hand-to-hand in Oblivion, with multiple right trigger pulls alternating left-right-left-right-left-right-left-right. Or perhaps to my utmost joy, it will work much like dual daggers in Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (PC version), which has the absolute best melee combat that exists. You will always be allowed to block.

Except you are completely wrong. Its been long confirmed that right trigger = right hand, left trigger = left hand.
When dual wielding, left trigger swings your left weapon, right trigger swings your right weapon. With 2 handed weapons right trigger would swing the sword, left trigger will block.
---
Taste the sandwich of my vengeance
#24tzar_666Posted 5/3/2011 11:08:59 AM
i cant rememeber a elder scrolls game that had duel weild,, and yes i used a glass claymore and you do get knocked around a lot. so if you use a claymore you must also raise yer block so you can block with yer sword
---
"questions are a burden to others and a danger to you"- cleveland brown
#25ze_kuchPosted 5/3/2011 11:34:45 AM
I recall hearing things about Beth letting us Dual shields.... anybody else wanting to do a turtle playthrough with me?
---
XBL: JonKerMan
#26AlleRacingPosted 5/3/2011 11:40:10 AM
2-handed weapons also tend to have more reach and much higher durability. In Morrowind they also tended to have slightly higher enchantment potential (a feature vacant from Oblivion, but hopefully making a return with the Enchant skill).
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://steamcard.com/do/nxe/AlleRacing.png
#27Jackal1367Posted 5/3/2011 11:55:24 AM
ze_kuch posted...
I recall hearing things about Beth letting us Dual shields.... anybody else wanting to do a turtle playthrough with me?

Would be hilariously silly.
#28blutoblutarskyXPosted 5/3/2011 1:56:51 PM
i just hope they throw in range as a real effective factor.

demon souls' combat system was more advanced than most rpgs-

while not exactly realistic- it did bring more factors to the table, range was a factor and it also incorporated stats and builds in a new and interesting way.
#29pro9b17Posted 5/3/2011 2:10:13 PM
I'm sure they could boost two handed. Like make your ability to block with a 2H weapon a lot better, and of course increase the damage a lot more.
---
"Rock is OP, but Paper is fine." - Scissors
#30tzar_666Posted 5/5/2011 9:13:28 AM
keep morrowinds 2 hand system it worked well. i didnt liek oblivion that much except the plains of oblivion
---
"questions are a burden to others and a danger to you"- cleveland brown