Hair sticking through clothing

#1ALBELtheWICKEDPosted 5/5/2011 8:14:52 PM

Think they fixed this? If you look up, will your pony tail go through your back? If you can have a long beard, will it go straight through your steel cuirass?

I remember there was this one noble piece of clothing in Shivering Isles. Had some collar thing on the back of the neck that stuck up. The clothing looked cool but your pony tail or Argonian spines would stick through it.

I don't think any hair moved, did it? It was just solid. =(

#2ALBELtheWICKED(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2011 8:40:49 PM

Also if you had a long pony tail, even if you run around with a shirt off, the hair goes into your back if you look up or something. =(

#3G_TacoPosted 5/5/2011 9:01:30 PM
I hated that stuff too.

And bows on your back going through your hair.

Also there was this one shirt that for some reason decapitated you (part of your neck would vanish while wearing it so your head was like floating sort of)...
---
No matter your opinion on Balance vs. "don't like it, don't use it", it seems that ES is moving towards balance. So I get the last laugh.
#4The_OnionKnightPosted 5/5/2011 9:05:15 PM

Here I was thinking, that in Skyrim it became so realistic that hairy people would have their body hair sticking out of their peasant shirts....

#5jonybeans13Posted 5/5/2011 9:10:16 PM
when watching the trailer when he's walking through the town his arm go's through the side of his armor it bugs the hell outta me every time
---
Im not gonna fight you....Im gonna kick you're ass
XBL GT > Jony Beans - PSN GT > JonyBeans
#6ALBELtheWICKED(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2011 7:42:08 PM

jonybeans13 posted...
when watching the trailer when he's walking through the town his arm go's through the side of his armor it bugs the hell outta me every time
---
Im not gonna fight you....Im gonna kick you're ass
XBL GT > Jony Beans - PSN GT > JonyBeans

I went back and watched the trailer and replayed several parts and I couldn't see anything like that.

#7MRoberts88Posted 5/6/2011 7:43:22 PM
I hope they fixed this, it's a new engine and all.
---
Commence ta jigglin'- Jigglebilly
Leader of the Highwayman Faction
#8lenmuttPosted 5/6/2011 7:43:58 PM
I no very little about game design but I remember reading that clipping issues are kinda a pain in the ass to avoid
#9heartlessprinnyPosted 5/6/2011 8:09:00 PM
The_OnionKnight posted...
Here I was thinking, that in Skyrim it became so realistic that hairy people would have their body hair sticking out of their peasant shirts....

Not to mention the hair down under...
---
Games I'm looking forward to: Skyrim,The Last Guardian, Zelda Skyward Sword, Uncharted 3, inFAMOUS 2, Dark Souls, and Final Fantasy Versus XIII.
#10ALBELtheWICKED(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2011 9:31:28 PM

Another HUGE clipping issue in Oblivion was a problem with Argonians and Khajiit. The tails. Strap a Claymore to your back and walk. The sword passes back and forth through the tail repeatedly.