How will you choose your personal playstyle?

#31mfacekPosted 6/1/2011 7:14:16 AM

The DB quest line in Oblivion was by far the most interesting aspect of the game for me, so I'm going to have to opt for a stealth based assassin character for my first playthrough in Skyrim to check out the DB there. Or will it be the Morag Tong?

#32Kupolicious1216Posted 6/1/2011 9:28:03 AM
I'll be using the same characters I used in Oblivion... A tough Orc samurai with a heart of gold, and a Rich upper class battlemage Breton ((Or elf if I can create elves in this game without making them look deformed.)) who would have no trouble at all killing 2 innocent people to save 200 peoples lives.
---
I have strong feet!
#33roadkill888Posted 6/1/2011 9:32:20 AM
Warrior, fully armed and filthy.
---
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain. It's time to toss the dice.
GT:yan templer
#34TwindragonfangPosted 6/1/2011 10:03:16 AM
I'll play every playstyle eventually. first time thru im prolly gonna roll a Tank and spank warrior type. Just to get my bearings on the game. Then ill prolly revert back to my normal stealthmage class.
#35TheeKingOsirisPosted 6/1/2011 11:14:27 AM
Aegisfang22 posted...
Plasmarrow posted...
zombiehunter696 posted...
I usually opt for the stealth/rogue style. I always liked people i movies/games/books/etc. that would sneak up and silently kill their enemies and do hit and run raids on places. Just looks really cool when they do it.

This. I like the stealthy thief/assassin. Throw in archery too and you get me. =)

The coolest way to play imo. Kill them from afar with a arrow to the chest while hiding in the shadows. Just killed a mythic dawn in oblivion today with a headshot from about 50+ feet. Right in the eye and the arrow sticking out the back of the skull. Man gotta love the silent killers!

Me too... I love getting those long shots. I got a good one Mythic Dawn quest when a bunch of them are in a cave doing some ceremony.

I shot the guy up on stage or what ever and they all go nuts and then I cast a invisibility spell and go to work killing them one by one...

I could do that all day.
#36bretonftwPosted 6/1/2011 11:20:55 AM
TheeKingOsiris posted...
Aegisfang22 posted...
Plasmarrow posted...
zombiehunter696 posted...
I usually opt for the stealth/rogue style. I always liked people i movies/games/books/etc. that would sneak up and silently kill their enemies and do hit and run raids on places. Just looks really cool when they do it.

This. I like the stealthy thief/assassin. Throw in archery too and you get me. =)

The coolest way to play imo. Kill them from afar with a arrow to the chest while hiding in the shadows. Just killed a mythic dawn in oblivion today with a headshot from about 50+ feet. Right in the eye and the arrow sticking out the back of the skull. Man gotta love the silent killers!

Me too... I love getting those long shots. I got a good one Mythic Dawn quest when a bunch of them are in a cave doing some ceremony.

I shot the guy up on stage or what ever and they all go nuts and then I cast a invisibility spell and go to work killing them one by one...

I could do that all day.

throw in a strong Frenzy spell and its awesome fun
---
Loyal High General of the Crabdom, leader of the Shadowcrab division.
"Fear and respect mudcrabs and the Crabdom shall not harm you" - Kynareth.
#37jminnixPosted 6/1/2011 12:00:23 PM
Probably a stealth marksman or HOPEFULLY if they implement it, some sort of Martial Artist (Think Monks but better,with combo moves including kicks, knees, punches and elbows). Like someone else said, I try to play the gamehow I think I would deal with situations. I love archery and marksmanship and am a trained MMA fighter (been doing it for 7+ years, not one of the recent bandwagon guys). My first instinct would be to take the target out from far away to avoid being hurt in any way, my second would be what I call a "Toss and Break." Punch the dude or otherwise distract him, put him on his back and snap something inside of him to ensure he isn't going to hurt me in any way. Doubt they'd be able to implement any sort of grappling though, so I'd be satisfied with being able to head kick some Goblin's head in.
---
Complaint Destroyer v2.3
xETCxTraMaIv2 (That's tramai, not TRAMAL)
#38mixedlionPosted 6/1/2011 8:05:47 PM
It really depends on the character concept I'm going for.

For my main I'm looking for him to be the great, great grandson of my Oblivion heroine. She was a stealth swordswoman/archer, but I'm probably going to make my Dragonborn character more of a light/fast warrior. Dual swords (or maces, axes, combination of one in each hand) focused on dealing massive damage BEFORE he can take it.

I also enjoy the tank (weapon & shield) playstyle, so I'm sure I'll have at least one character who will do so.
---
Currently awaiting- The Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Dark Souls, Street Fighter x Tekken and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
#39CaptainKatsuraPosted 6/2/2011 11:01:29 AM
I usually go as a bandit/mage type of guy.

Have a good DPS with melee and use magic to either dish out more DPS,bolster my melee DPS even further,or just simply do a buff/debuff.

So much fun. :3
#40Sidewinder_GDPosted 6/2/2011 12:12:28 PM
jminnix posted...
Probably a stealth marksman or HOPEFULLY if they implement it, some sort of Martial Artist (Think Monks but better,with combo moves including kicks, knees, punches and elbows). Like someone else said, I try to play the gamehow I think I would deal with situations. I love archery and marksmanship and am a trained MMA fighter (been doing it for 7+ years, not one of the recent bandwagon guys). My first instinct would be to take the target out from far away to avoid being hurt in any way, my second would be what I call a "Toss and Break." Punch the dude or otherwise distract him, put him on his back and snap something inside of him to ensure he isn't going to hurt me in any way. Doubt they'd be able to implement any sort of grappling though, so I'd be satisfied with being able to head kick some Goblin's head in.

You are an absolute idiot if you think you would actually fight a guy hand to hand in that situation. I'm a tenured boxer and i'm still not stupid enough to think hand to hand = better than weapons.

Just another MMA guy thinking hes the coolest thing since the refrigerator. (BTW 7 years is bandwagon, MMA's been around/popular much longer)
---
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams