What makes Skyrim special?

#11VioletZer0(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2011 9:24:40 PM
Aggrosaur posted...
POORLY MADE AND REPETITIVE!??
http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/THE_chupacabraUSF/RageFace.jpg

Their recent titles were very buggy. So yes.
#12Rising_Angel98Posted 5/31/2011 9:24:41 PM
Seekcro2010 posted...
Apparently it's suppose to match quests to your style of gaming, and npc are replaceable.

My god. Like if I chop off a b**** nords head and he somehow never shows up to the weapon shop again . I hated killing a npc and them never respawning
#13The_OnionKnightPosted 5/31/2011 9:31:52 PM

Everyone to their own taste really....so lets all get along.

http://imgur.com/gallery/OBdNz

#14TheShadowGodPosted 5/31/2011 9:46:46 PM
VioletZer0 posted...
Let's try to keep it civil. Because I am honestly confused.

Why is everyone saying that Skyrim will be GOTY 2011 in the face of its competition?

It can't be the developer's history. Since every Bethesda game I've ever tried were poorly made and repetitive. And I can't find much info on it.

So, board. What's special about Skyrim?

IF you need to be convinced why this game is special then you shouldn't even be on this board. if you think the game will be buggy then don't get it. Nobody is here to convince you to buy the game.
#15Jaws_ThemePosted 5/31/2011 9:59:24 PM
Fallout 3 was an incredible game with its open world, and provides 100+ hours of gameplay with the expansions. It was fun to play and nearly a perfect RPG with engaging quests and mechanics that worked very well. I came across very few bugs.

I think Skyrim will be an upgrade from Fallout 3 in a different setting, thus GOTY.
---
internet
#16VioletZer0(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2011 10:20:25 PM
TheShadowGod posted...
VioletZer0 posted...
Let's try to keep it civil. Because I am honestly confused.

Why is everyone saying that Skyrim will be GOTY 2011 in the face of its competition?

It can't be the developer's history. Since every Bethesda game I've ever tried were poorly made and repetitive. And I can't find much info on it.

So, board. What's special about Skyrim?

IF you need to be convinced why this game is special then you shouldn't even be on this board. if you think the game will be buggy then don't get it. Nobody is here to convince you to buy the game.

I can definitely be convinced the give this another shot if there are significant improvements that we know about.

Though, if it is just an incremental update that includes a better engine, graphics and more abilities then probably not.
#17Great_PagliacciPosted 5/31/2011 10:34:37 PM
Honestly that is probably what it would amount to for you.

For me it is more Elder Scrolls and it makes me so happy. Sometimes I just cruise the wiki reading lore....
---
Do as little as possible, and that unwillingly. For it is better to receive a slight reprimand than to perform an arduous task. ~ Michael Lewis
#18Seekcro2010Posted 6/1/2011 8:44:33 PM
Rising_Angel98 posted...
Seekcro2010 posted...
Apparently it's suppose to match quests to your style of gaming, and npc are replaceable.

My god. Like if I chop off a b**** nords head and he somehow never shows up to the weapon shop again . I hated killing a npc and them never respawning

Apparently, his long lost cousin will replace him, or something.
---
"I'm in space!"
#19SkarynPosted 6/1/2011 9:27:17 PM
I never could get in to Fallout, the post apocalyptic steam punkish thing never really did it for me. High fantasy is totally my thing though.

I logged well over 150 hours in to Oblivion. It's the type of game you can play however you want, the only downside is that there is so much to do that it can feel overwhelming.

Really, check out some of the gameplay videos if you want to be convinced. The combat system looks fantastic, the visuals are stunning. Lore-wise, it's a dream for me because I love Norse mythology and the Nords of Tamriel obviously borrow a lot of their culture from the Viking culture.

In the end, if you played Oblivion and didn't like it, you will not enjoy Skyrim. That's pretty much a given. The game is going to be very similar at it's core. Where it is going to set itself apart is in depth, every system seems to have been improved. That's what is going to set it apart from the Call of Duty rehashes and JRPG clones.
#20PAL360Posted 6/2/2011 3:10:18 AM

Well, Oblivion is still my favourite game this gen and Skyrim seems to improve on everything. Itīs all about opinions but this game will easly be my personal GOTY.