Animals and Skyrim

#1Ajd_KingPosted 6/12/2011 1:06:39 AM
In Oblivion there were scarce few people that had pets of any kind, in fact, the only few I can think of are that lady in Applewatch, her daughter in that cave, and that guy in New Sheoth. I think this is wrong, more people should be able to have pets, purely because animals are awesome and should become more widely used as NPCs of sorts in Skyrim. You could even have pets yourself, like the Skinned Hound, but not so dead.

The main reason I say this is I love sneaking into houses, robbing them blind and brutally murdering the animals. I often kill the animals and leave them in emotionally scarring positions in order to instill fear in the owner, ensuring my crime goes unreported. Without a lot of animals, it is more likely my string of thefts won't strike fear into my targets, only anger, something I want to avoid.

I hope there are more avenues to do this for people like me, as I felt it was severly lacking in Oblivion.
---
Anyone ever experienced a feeling of boredom so acute it borders upon homicidal rage?
#2bradlegerPosted 6/12/2011 1:08:44 AM
I let the animals live...and if I killed them I killed the owner too...although I did steal lots...I'm waiting for an NPC with a dragon for a pet.
---
152 days 'til 11/11/11
High Elder of the great and amazing Crabdom
#3embittererPosted 6/12/2011 1:45:24 AM
I cast frenzy on the lady with the two dogs once (i forget what town) she killed the dogs and then attacked a guard.
---
Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
#4aDominationPosted 6/12/2011 1:55:33 AM
this makes me hope there's a hunters guild >:\
---
..Nothing is true Everything is permitted....
#5MaeburePosted 6/12/2011 1:56:06 AM
I like to remove the heads of their children and their pets and sew them on to eachother's bodies. Then watch from the child's window as the parents find them. Child lying in bed with dog's head and dog's body laying at the foot of the bed with kid's head.

It's funnier than it sounds. I'll have to do a youtube video some day.
---
"A friend of death, a brother to luck, and a son of a ****."
-Major Rawne
#6XboxHelperPosted 6/12/2011 8:45:00 AM
Several bandits, that lady in Chorrol, Rosanne and even Clavicus Vile have dogs. Another lady in Leyawiin has four scamps. A lady in Anvil has rats. A chef in Leyawiin used to have rats, but he was driven out of town. Half of the Imperial scouts own a horse, as does Lucien Lachance, Prior Maborel and Dar-Ma. Lord Drad owns ogres, though Malacath thinks they're his. An anonymous thief owns painted trolls. Imperial City stable guy used to have horses, but they mysteriously disappeared. On top of that several people own lambs and the Arena has plenty of beasts.

Hows that not a lot of pets?
#7antoniobandinoPosted 6/12/2011 8:52:09 AM
Hahaha, ITT: Criminal Confessions. I remember a while back someone wrote up a list of things the wanted to see in Skyrim and they mentioned wanting a decent number of cats and dogs wandering around cities which I think would be a fantastic touch. I, personally, (and don't take this the wrong way dog-lovers) would be ecstatic if they allowed the player a feline pet...it'd suit a stealth character well and just generally provide another level of immersion.
#8MaeburePosted 6/12/2011 10:46:57 AM
Near the beginning of the Skyrim demo you see a fox chasing a rabbit by the path. So I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a larger variety of animal activity in the game.
---
"A friend of death, a brother to luck, and a son of a ****."
-Major Rawne
#9Ajd_King(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2011 12:36:21 AM
Maebure posted...
Near the beginning of the Skyrim demo you see a fox chasing a rabbit by the path. So I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a larger variety of animal activity in the game.

Thats awesome, but have they mentioned anything about the ability to behead animals, and possibly the ability to dice them up into little pieces?

I've always wanted to make a puppy dog mince with the severed head sitting on top, and leaving it on the owners front door. It would be my calling card, of sorts.
---
Anyone ever experienced a feeling of boredom so acute it borders upon homicidal rage?
#10MaeburePosted 6/13/2011 12:38:27 AM
Yes Todd Howard confirmed that for DLC exclusive on 360.
---
I TROLL! GIVE ME CHILDREN! NOM NOM NOM!!!