Option to turn off grass or all items appear in a persons inventory.

#1MC2011Posted 6/20/2011 10:39:57 AM
One thing that annoyed me in Oblivion was weapons falling out of the NPC's hand and landing in tall grass... especially on a slope. Hopefully Skyrim will either allow you to turn that grass off so you can see weapons easier or be able to loot that weapon from the corpse rather then spend time looking for it before giving up.

Agree?Disagree? Too casual friendly?
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#2AggrosaurPosted 6/20/2011 10:44:50 AM
Lol this annoyed me -_- On my second character I kited Umbra out of her cave and into Bruma for the guards to help me fight her (I was level 3) and when she died, Umbra went flying off the mountain and I spent about 3 hours searching all of the Jerall Mountains for it. Got it eventually though.

IMO the items should just appear in enemies inventories, and on the ground, kinda like Fallout. This is probably what is going to happen.
---
http://skyrimchat.proboards.com/ for my Skyrim short stories.
Gamertag- xNJDx Dovahkiin
#3DoctorScrapsPosted 6/20/2011 10:48:04 AM
There are certain risks you take.
---
I use sarcasm a lot. If you are offended, feel free to flame me and I'll just pretend to listen.
#4bestatfallinPosted 6/20/2011 10:50:16 AM
probably will be lootable on the corpses, but i always just chalked them up as conjured. anything that could be ssen but not found later was conjured, including real life things like the ashtray that was here a sec ago...
---
"There's not gonna be any problems as long as you EAT MY POO, man"
#5DeathByMusic68Posted 6/20/2011 10:55:03 AM
D, I like having to look for the weapons and looking for all the arrows you shot and missed with when fighting an enemy

But there was one time it was incredibly annoying....you know that invisible troll near the top of Dive Rock??....well I killed it going over the edge of Dive Rock, I caught the wall in time for it not to hurt me too bad, but he went tumbling alll the way down...in fact it was hilarious to hear his body go tumbling down the rock wall beside me cuz i couldnt see him, but when i eventually made it all the way to the bottom it took me like an hour to find his body cuz it was invisible
---
Happy was here! :D
#6DoctorScrapsPosted 6/20/2011 10:58:35 AM
So here's a story from once upon a time...

Took a trip up to Skaal Village, just dicking around. My brother then coaxed me into letting him hide all the weapons and armor I had in my inventory around the village for me to hunt for.
I lost three weapons, and almost lost Trueflame from it clipping into the side of a building if I hadn't seen the flame particles.

I also lost the skeleton key when it went under a rug.
---
I use sarcasm a lot. If you are offended, feel free to flame me and I'll just pretend to listen.
#7dragon504Posted 6/20/2011 10:58:37 AM
a spell to highlight nearby items could work as well
---
http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/dragon504.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/dragon_50469/myguns2-1.jpg
#8Oni_TatsujinPosted 6/20/2011 11:01:58 AM
In the two recent Fallout games, fallen weapons still appeared in dead enemy inventories, even if it was dropped and on the other side of the room. I can't imagine that they won't do this for Skyrim.
---
GamerTag = Oni Tatsujin | PSN = TerraFuror612 | Steam = Secret Wizard 413
Youtube = Terrafuror | My Karma just reached 1,300!
#9TheeKingOsirisPosted 6/20/2011 11:07:46 AM
Man I forgot about that!

I finding spell or something is needed. Good call. Sometimes things would get a crazy bounce too. I hope that's fixed.

I hated after a big battle spending five mins looking for loot on the ground then giving up.
#10Mistere ManPosted 6/20/2011 11:17:58 AM
dragon504 posted...
a spell to highlight nearby items could work as well

Morrowind had something like that, and I missed it every time I dropped a small item. It was like the detect life spell but for treasure.
---
Water+Fall=Radiation.