New Character Design

#1wbyknoxPosted 6/22/2011 6:37:24 AM
I wondering if Todd and the boys will put out a Character Creator before the release.

Discuss
#2DoctorScrapsPosted 6/22/2011 6:42:14 AM
More than likely not. That was Biowares thing and they only did it with the first Dragon Age game.
---
I use sarcasm a lot. If you are offended, feel free to flame me and I'll just pretend to listen.
#3runner5676Posted 6/22/2011 6:44:23 AM
I really doubt it, the team seem mega focused on development rather than advertising a game which is already rolling on a tsunami sized hype-wave.
---
"now i want to go awall in this game and get hororly discharged to get out of this game. this plot is angry me" -Kittyheart
#4wbyknox(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2011 6:45:34 AM
Yes but we are getting redone races with just about all of them. Giving us an opprotunity to play with a character creator may make sales go up, wich is obviously what they are in buisness for.

If there was a character creator, word of mouth could do wonders for Bethesda.
#5DoctorScrapsPosted 6/22/2011 6:46:59 AM
Do you honestly think they need the word of mouth? This title isn't exactly under the radar.
---
I use sarcasm a lot. If you are offended, feel free to flame me and I'll just pretend to listen.
#6runner5676Posted 6/22/2011 6:52:41 AM
wbyknox posted...
Yes but we are getting redone races with just about all of them. Giving us an opprotunity to play with a character creator may make sales go up, wich is obviously what they are in buisness for.

If there was a character creator, word of mouth could do wonders for Bethesda.

I agree that it would be cool to see a creator showing off the new characters. But just going by past experience of Bethesda, they don't do demos for the Elder Scrolls or Fallout, and they don't do any advertising aside from the standard pre release interviews and adverts.

It's a little bit different for their published games (ones that they don't develop personally) like Hunted Demon's Forge and games like that, lesser known games get the demos and the novelty advertising things.
---
"now i want to go awall in this game and get hororly discharged to get out of this game. this plot is angry me" -Kittyheart
#7wbyknox(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2011 7:11:05 AM
Okay, you all got me. I know they don't need advertising or help selling this latest edtion for the elder scrolls, however I really want to play with the new look of the multiple races.

You know get a feel for the new faces and emotions that they will be emparting.
#8DoctorScrapsPosted 6/22/2011 7:16:13 AM
That's the fun of the anticipation. Someone once said that wanting something is sometimes better than actually getting it. But not always...
Once upon a time...when on the Fallout New Vegas boards, on the Bethesda forums (before my permanent exile...stupid gestapo moderators), someone made a case that the game should be pushed back purely so they can continue to speculate on things on the forums.
Wall of text style, mind you. This guy put some thought into it.
---
#9TheeKingOsirisPosted 6/22/2011 7:21:04 AM
As I usually spend like an hour playing with creations, I wouldn't mind this.

That way I have a couple characters ready to go and I can just pick one and play asap when I get the game.

Side note:

Isn't that drive home after you pick up a game the longest? I need somebody to drive so I can read the manual.
#10runner5676Posted 6/22/2011 7:25:49 AM
DoctorScraps posted...
That's the fun of the anticipation. Someone once said that wanting something is sometimes better than actually getting it. But not always...
Once upon a time...when on the Fallout New Vegas boards, on the Bethesda forums (before my permanent exile...stupid gestapo moderators), someone made a case that the game should be pushed back purely so they can continue to speculate on things on the forums.
Wall of text style, mind you. This guy put some thought into it.

Wow, what did you say to get banned from the FNV board? I know they're kinda sensitive about the game being bug riddled but jeez.
---