where all the dwarves at?!

#1FinixsoftPosted 7/7/2011 3:31:48 AM
Did I miss something in the lore about where they are? Could they be a new race in skyrim?
---
James
#2Nas0912Posted 7/7/2011 3:32:45 AM
they got stuck in their mountain and died..?? i read a post to what actually happened but i have no clue what it said, as i have bad memory
#3chaos_belmontPosted 7/7/2011 3:35:12 AM
Most if not all where gone since before Morrowind, though there was at least one left.
---
I feel like the concepts of good and evil staggers my inner hatred to leak out in it's purest chaotic/destructive form.
#4Ajd_KingPosted 7/7/2011 3:35:52 AM
The Dwarves, or Dwemer, were a technologically advanced race that recently (relatively) disappeared from the face of Tamriel, with only ash piles remaining. Some think this was because they killed themselves, some think they became incorporeal, and some think they travelled to their own plane of Oblivion, either way, they're gone.

One exception to this is the last Dwemer in Morrowind who was in another plane of Oblivion when the disappearance occured and wasn't affected by whatever happened.

Also, inb4guywhothinksDwemeraren'tdwarves.
---
I always take my good when creating faces and stuffs.
- supo
#5Mistere ManPosted 7/7/2011 3:39:09 AM
Ajd_King posted...
The Dwarves, or Dwemer, were a technologically advanced race that recently (relatively) disappeared from the face of Tamriel, with only ash piles remaining. Some think this was because they killed themselves, some think they became incorporeal, and some think they travelled to their own plane of Oblivion, either way, they're gone.

One exception to this is the last Dwemer in Morrowind who was in another plane of Oblivion when the disappearance occured and wasn't affected by whatever happened.

NEAT! [^_^]
---
Water+Fall=Radiation.
#6Finixsoft(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2011 3:42:04 AM
So that's where the weapons came from. Thanks.
---
James
#7_Mad_Hatter_Posted 7/7/2011 4:26:26 AM
Ajd_King posted...

^That......

There is no definitive answer as to what happened to them.
However I would like to add...

The Dwemers were pretty much hated when they existed(were around). Dwemer valued science and technology over magic which is considered a insult to the gods, the other races thought them to be an evil greedy godless race. That is why the selling or smuggling of dwemer items is SUPPOSE to be ILLEGAL(unless inspected and given a premit by the consul)!
A piece of lore Oblivion seemed to forget about.

Dwemers however just vanished, nobody knows how, why or where. What is known is before they vanished the Dwemer King was working on a device that would steal the life force from the gods and transfer that life force to the Dwemer people. Allowing them to live forever. This did not help with their reputation with the other races,( especially the Dark Elves) of being evil godless people.

My best guess they will be "enemies" or the bad guys in a future elder scroll game.

Because all the Dragons are suppose to be dead. But in Skyrim they came back, and seem to want their land back.

So I'm guessing the Dwemer will come back also in a future Elder Scroll game.(I'm willing to bet on it)

With more of their "evil" technology......
---
Do you have your own opinions?
If so, be prepared, you now are considered a troll, and will be treated as such.
#8Solusx2Posted 7/7/2011 4:36:55 AM
Yeh I'm still not happy about the Dragon direction Skyrim is taking, in a lore sense. I mean, it will be awesome gameplay wise but the lore just seems to have been taken for granted for an unoriginal concept.
#9L3X18999Posted 7/7/2011 4:58:02 AM

Ajd_King posted...

---
I always take my good when creating faces and stuffs.
- supo

Still angry that people have different opinions than you?

#10AwesomeDwarfPosted 7/7/2011 7:32:33 AM
Right here!