Is there a way to disable cheats?

#1sampama226Posted 7/19/2011 9:02:55 AM
I was just wondering if there was a way to disable cheats, I know that the past games had them on the PC and I never like to use them. Luckily for the last game I bought it on the xbox. Just wondering if there was a way to get rid of them.
---
The Statement Below is True
The Statement Above is False
#2ZarnonElchrisPosted 7/19/2011 9:06:31 AM
Take your keyboard and hurl it through your computer at light speed.
That ought to keep you from cheating.

Otherwise you could just not use them.
#3VampLordAdamaruPosted 7/19/2011 9:08:04 AM
The only "cheats" you can use on Xbox now (for TES games) are exploitable glitches or hex-editing. And I seriously doubt the Xbox version of Skyrim (and probably the PS3 version as well) will have cheat codes like Morrowind's Xbox version, since Oblivion didn't have them either.

And no one forces you to use console commands on the PC, so if you use them, don't complain about it, as you should just exercise some self-control.
---
There are no stupid questions... There are, however, a LOT of stupid people...
(Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub) FEAR MY SPORK!!
#4Necro_Fear89Posted 7/19/2011 9:10:08 AM
What do you mean cheats? As in the console commands for PC? I don't really think there's a way to disable them other that just have self control and not do them. I think someone made a topic not too long ago about being able to resist using console commands to cheat. The only cheats I know for xbox/ps3 are the perma enchant glitches and duplicate glitches which again you do not have to do.
---
"Do you know if you are in the grace of God?" "If I am not, may God place me there; if I am, may God so keep me." -Joan of Arc
#5VampLordAdamaruPosted 7/19/2011 9:12:49 AM
Necro_Fear89 posted...
What do you mean cheats? As in the console commands for PC? I don't really think there's a way to disable them other that just have self control and not do them. I think someone made a topic not too long ago about being able to resist using console commands to cheat. The only cheats I know for xbox/ps3 are the perma enchant glitches and duplicate glitches which again you do not have to do.

We also don't even know if Skyrim will have those, and we won't until the game is out.
---
There are no stupid questions... There are, however, a LOT of stupid people...
(Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub) FEAR MY SPORK!!
#6KiThirstyPosted 7/19/2011 9:28:30 AM
The console wasn't designed for cheating. It's main purpose is as a testing tool. They probably leave it easy to activate on the PC for people working on mods. It's also useful for fixing things like quest breaking bugs. I doubt they will disable the console because a handful of people aren't able to prevent themselves from using it to cheat.
#7Python_2k9Posted 7/19/2011 10:50:24 AM
Use a little self control and don't cheat.
---
Youtube: youtube.com/dethcloxy I have some "Let's Play"s up and much more!
GamerTag: Python2k10
#8CharocksPosted 7/19/2011 10:51:19 AM
They obviously will have a semi-functional console on the console version.

It can spawn the Adoring Fan and then give you creative ways to kill him! I like putting a bounty on him and watching him get rushed by guards!
---
XBL GT- A Flying Ewok
PKMN White FC: 0303 9070 1396
#9RayneworksPosted 7/19/2011 11:43:14 AM
I have the same problem for PC Elder Scrolls games. I don't want to cheat, but it's just there...i can't help it...it CALLS FOR ME!

Its the reason I'm forcing myself to get Skyrim for console, so I can't screw up the game by warping to toddtest and putting on full Dragonbone Plate at level 1. Even worse then gettin the best armor in the game, is the infamous ~Kill

You just spent an hour wandering through Oblivion when suddenly you get mauled by 3 Xivilai, 2 Spider Daedra, 2 Atronachs, and a Daedroth. You suddenly notice you have 3 HP left. You gonna die like a man, or gonna use ~Kill? Thats right, lets see anyone take an hour long death.
---
http://tinyurl.com/6aujkg4 for awesome Skyrim things.
Gamertag xNJDx Dovahkiin. The Fat Swordsman, youtube channel- Bbillyk
#10RavensRules69Posted 7/19/2011 11:57:36 AM
I was just wondering if there was a way to disable cheats, I know that the past games had them on the PC and I never like to use them. Luckily for the last game I bought it on the xbox. Just wondering if there was a way to get rid of them.

Umm.......don't use them? *brain explodes*
---
"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)." -Eddie Izzard