Fast travel costs money now

#1NoBulletPosted 8/12/2011 12:20:40 AM
Saw this from the skyrim forum info topic.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1207439-skyrim-information-iv/

Anyone know the source for that? First time Ive heard of this.
---
http://nobullet.deviantart.com
One of the Dedicated 500 - #9, #177
#2Ajd_KingPosted 8/12/2011 12:23:36 AM
I was under the impression you could either use the Oblivion style fast-travel, or a carriage system that works the same way but instead payment is required and only certain locations are allowed.
---
I always take my good when creating faces and stuffs.
- supo
#3R0N1N187Posted 8/12/2011 12:26:37 AM
Makes sense. Help the Skyrim economy and stop teleporting.
---
My nuts are like raisins.
#4allsomePosted 8/12/2011 12:28:39 AM
It says both cost money, but why you have to pay for fast-travel from the map when technically your guys walks there?
---
3 Months Until Skyrim!!!
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: TES 5 SKYRlM (that's a lowercase L in SKYRIM)
#5bandman0787Posted 8/12/2011 12:31:43 AM
since i dont really care about fast travel... (knowing how its gonna work since they confirmed it awhile back) the rest of that list is got me even more pumped to play it. every time i hear more details the game just sounds better and better. LOL at NPCs throwing rocks at you from up on a bridge...

but yeah, fast travel will definitely be like oblivion (except you have to discover main cities as well before you can warp there, thank god) and confirmed to have a carriage system for city fast travel, very comparable to morrowinds strider system.

so RP guys are happy, and time savers as well.

now... lets end these fast travel topics before the trolls try to revive the trend...
next thing you know we'll be getting more child killing topics.
---
gamertag: RHYM3N0CER0US
I'm the Mutha Flippin!
#6OddratPosted 8/12/2011 12:31:55 AM
allsome posted...
It says both cost money, but why you have to pay for fast-travel from the map when technically your guys walks there?

Think of it like travel expenses. Food, inns, ect
#7allsomePosted 8/12/2011 12:37:32 AM
Oddrat posted...
allsome posted...

Think of it like travel expenses. Food, inns, ect

I hope it won't cost alot. I only make 5 septims a year.
---
3 Months Until Skyrim!!!
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: TES 5 SKYRlM (that's a lowercase L in SKYRIM)
#8bandman0787Posted 8/12/2011 12:43:51 AM
i didnt see the both costs money part earlier...

that doesnt make sense to me, unless the oblivion style is turned into some in game type of mechanic, and not just immersion breaking map picking. say some kind of teleport stones you have to buy at a shop, it would make sense without breaking immersion or game functionality.
---
gamertag: RHYM3N0CER0US
I'm the Mutha Flippin!
#9supmtPosted 8/12/2011 12:55:29 AM

Fast travel is only "warping" for the player, not the character, who walks there (otherwise in-game time wouldn't pass when fast-travelling). Think of it as fast-forwarding so you don't have to watch the boring bits aka the actual travelling.

I wouldn't mind if fast travel cost a little gold, but unless it costs significantly more than the carriage service I don't understand why anyone would opt for the carriage service (which would take more time for the player) given there isn't any additional in-game benefit to using it.

#10wanderingvladPosted 8/12/2011 1:00:32 AM
bandman0787 posted...
i didnt see the both costs money part earlier...

that doesnt make sense to me, unless the oblivion style is turned into some in game type of mechanic, and not just immersion breaking map picking. say some kind of teleport stones you have to buy at a shop, it would make sense without breaking immersion or game functionality.

telepoting stones? what is this two worlds?