Will you still be able to increase speed and jump height?

#1jonathan4210Posted 8/14/2011 11:11:29 AM
I know athletics and acrobatics are gone, but apparently you will still be able to increase both. How? If its by perks then which skill will have those kinds of perks? Sneak? I heard other people say speed and jumping will increase if u increase stamina (fatigue). I doubt that cuz then stamina will be overpowered out of the 3 attributes (health,magicka,stamina) especially if stamina increases weight capacity also. Ur thoughts?
---
You think your smarter than me? Let's wrestle!
#2MikulekeePosted 8/14/2011 11:12:24 AM
idk. I hope we can, though. I enjoy being a speedy, jumpy weirdo.
---
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/1000_aliens/red.jpg CE forever
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/1000_aliens/Paiton.jpg
#3solaris32Posted 8/14/2011 11:14:16 AM
This is a good question. And indeed, how do you increase weight carried?
---
i183.photobucket.com/albums/x182/solaris32/babyeater.jpg
"[Fallout 3] is the kind of game that I think about when I make love to my wife"-Darth_nacho
#4mooninomicsPosted 8/14/2011 11:23:31 AM(edited)
I think the armor you wear will affect your speed and likely your jump height as well. I know I've heard that about the speed, but not the jumping. Though it wouldn't be too hard to imagine. Not sure if stamina will have an impact on these as well, but with sprinting being a mechanic in Skyrim, I don't see run speed being as much of an issue.

Overall, not sure.

solaris32 posted...

The stamina thing could work for weight carried. If it's something like X pounds for each point of your maximum stamina with some cap placed (let's say 500 pounds). Perks may also end up with some effect, or take steps to lighten your load. Like I'd expect some of the heavy armor perks to decrease the weight of the armor you have equipped or something, essentially giving you more inventory space.
---
mooninomics, that was probably the best post I've ever seen on GameFAQs. Every one of those points was perfectly true. - YouCantSeeMe570
#5pastyDPosted 8/14/2011 11:24:12 AM
solaris32 posted...

in previous games strength was the only thing that effected how much you could carry, but they have changed a lot of things so this may have changed as well.
#6flagg2kplusPosted 8/14/2011 11:24:54 AM
Well you can always use the console or mods for these kind of things on the pc. :)
---
Winning isn't everything, but it's the only thing that matters.
#7PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 8/14/2011 11:34:46 AM
Yeah, I prefered playing Oblvion with 100 speed and 100 acro.

*crosses fingers in hopes you can run fastas a cheetah in Skyrim*
#8PathlessBulletPosted 8/14/2011 12:03:03 PM
Speed? Yes.

Jump height? No.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#9solaris32Posted 8/14/2011 12:10:12 PM
Aww I liked jumping higher :(. But has it been said how you increase carry weight since they removed attributes? Either health or fatigue it seems.
---
i183.photobucket.com/albums/x182/solaris32/babyeater.jpg
"[Fallout 3] is the kind of game that I think about when I make love to my wife"-Darth_nacho
#10PathlessBulletPosted 8/14/2011 12:11:56 PM
Fatigue was confirmed to cover that.

Fatigue, Health, and Magicka are still called "attributes".
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."