The Hotkey System

#1DemonriftsPosted 8/23/2011 6:49:23 PM
I can't remember what I've heard or read about this but how exactly is this supposed to work again?

My real concern is whether we will be able to hotkey an item such as a healing potion so we can use it quickly rather than having to access a menu every time we would like to heal.
#2K3tsuekiPosted 8/23/2011 6:51:53 PM
I think it will be the same as it was in oblivion, you will be able to hot key anything you want (potion, sword, spell, etc) with the D-pad.
#3JohnRyan1228Posted 8/23/2011 6:52:06 PM
Its gonna be a favorites system that is controlled by the control pad. in esscence its kinda like hotkeys but not limited to 8 items
---
Like this post? Message me your xbox gamertag
-JmN1228
#4Demonrifts(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2011 6:56:37 PM
JohnRyan1228 posted...
Its gonna be a favorites system that is controlled by the control pad. in esscence its kinda like hotkeys but not limited to 8 items

Yeah, I know its gonna be something like that, but will you have to enter the favorites menu everytime you wan to use a potion.
#5JohnRyan1228Posted 8/23/2011 6:58:57 PM
Demonrifts posted...
JohnRyan1228 posted...

Yeah, I know its gonna be something like that, but will you have to enter the favorites menu everytime you wan to use a potion.

im guessing you either have to go to ur favorites or your inventory, but im not sure
---
Like this post? Message me your xbox gamertag
-JmN1228
#6Demonrifts(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2011 7:12:21 PM
JohnRyan1228 posted...
Demonrifts posted...
JohnRyan1228 posted...

im guessing you either have to go to ur favorites or your inventory, but im not sure

I hope not. That seems kind of counter intuitive to what Bethesda wants to do... I mean, aren't they trying to streamline everything for ease of access?
#7CheeseSauce13Posted 8/23/2011 9:14:39 PM
My idea for how the hotkeys might work is something like this:
Pressing up will open the favorites menu.
You can then scroll up and down to find the item in need.
Pressing right will equip to right hand, and vice versa.
Pressing down when NOT in favorites menu will use a hotkeyed potion.
It isn't perfect but it would work for me
---
Looking forward to having arachnophobic nightmares from Skyrim...and I HATE spiders... :]