Sex in Skyrim?

#21cordialWombatPosted 9/9/2011 12:53:32 PM
btw, thanks for the new sig.
=P
---
"it's like the search bar is ******* invisible."
-darkphiresage
#22coty4060(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2011 1:11:36 PM
Ok. So no sex in Skyrim? Good. I'm old enough to buy the game myself but my mom wouldn't let me bring it in the house even if I did buy it. No sex games are allowed. :(. That means I've missed out on Mass Effect, Fable, and all those type of games.
#23BladeX65Posted 9/9/2011 1:11:50 PM
Brown chicken brown cow is from this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzQ4qdlhurc&ob=av2e
---
GT - Blade X65
#24coty4060(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2011 1:13:37 PM
DoctorScraps posted...
coty4060 posted...
I've been hearing a lot of rumors about sex in Skyrim, and I don't know if they are true. I don't think sex should be in the game honestly. I might be the only one thinking it but I don't care. I'm stating my opinion.

You're always more than welcome to your opinion, now you just have to be prepared for the opinions of others.
---
I use sarcasm a lot. If you are offended, feel free to flame me and I'll just pretend to listen.

I know I have to be prepared for the opinion of others. All I'm saying really is I hope there isn't sex in this game.
#25cordialWombatPosted 9/9/2011 1:19:20 PM
what the hell is the problem with sex in videogames? sex is FAR more natural than burning someone to death with a firebal from your hands or decapitating another human being with an axe.

games should be able to have any and all content that is in conventional cinema. i don't see any reason for there to be sex in this game, but if it is there, and it's tastefully portrayed, there's no reason people shouldn't be able to be adults about it.
---
-darkphiresage
#26dontneedanamePosted 9/9/2011 2:01:49 PM(edited)
Looks like everyone in Skyrim is chaste. Next, we're gonna find out there's no flirting. And why did they include marriage again?

But Fallout 3 did technically have 'sex' in it, although it just consisted of the person falling asleep in the bed. Perhaps the same will apply here?

-
#27tyler1o1oPosted 9/9/2011 2:08:13 PM
cordialWombat posted...
there's no reason people shouldn't be able to be adults about it.

Because enough of the people buying this game arn't adults.
inb4ratedM, because that's ever stopped children.
---
The following post might contain spoilers. This makes the topic less aerodynamic, and thus more maneuverable at high speeds.
#28nightcolaPosted 9/9/2011 2:17:38 PM
what the hell is the problem with sex in videogames? sex is FAR more natural than burning someone to death with a firebal from your hands or decapitating another human being with an axe.

Indeed
---
Scooby Dooby Doo
#29cordialWombatPosted 9/9/2011 2:41:35 PM
your inb4 is exactly my point.

crappy parents are no reason to not do everything you NEED to do to get a story or plot point across. it's not always necessary for sex scenes, but let's just say your wife gets murdered by bandits... because you've seen your character get intimate with his wife, so long as it was done tastefully and emotionally, this event may now have more impact on you, the player.

example of sex scenes in good taste: Spartacus (showtime version) could definitely do without some of their many sex scenes, but it (along with many other tips of the hat) showcase the DECADENCE that was roman aristocracy.

example of sex scene in poor taste: anything in an R rated horror film these days. =|

one adds to the immersion, and the other is just to get people to watch. a good example in videogames would be the sex minigame in the God of War series. they threw it in there just because it was quick and brutal like Kratos, but i felt even having it there dropped the plot on its head. isn't Kratos pissed because he was tricked into killing his family?

i honestly can't think of a good example in videogaming...although, the scenes in Mass Effect didn't necessarily take away from the story...there's ALWAYS some kind of romance in Sci-Fi shows.
---
-darkphiresage
#30deathmetalyeahPosted 9/9/2011 5:17:01 PM
What they should REALLY have is sex in Skyrim that you can walk in on. It doesn't have to have anything to do with your character. Maybe the dovahkiin is celibate.
---
I think we can put our differences behind us... for Skyrim... you n'wah.