Can I change my character at anytime?

#1The_Great_1Posted 9/26/2011 9:31:36 AM

In character creation mode, can I change the way my character looks at anytime? I hate to create a character and be forever stuck with it like mass effect 1.

Will this game give me the ease to change my character whenever I want like in saints row 2? Mind you, Im not making vain changes, but when you create a character, well at least for me, its near impossible to get it the exact way you want in one try. God I was and still am disappointed in bioware for mass effect...wow..

This is a pretty big issue for me, I dont want another mass effect. I was on the fence about skyrim, but when I saw character creation, that makes me more inclined to get it.

#2daveliciousPosted 9/26/2011 9:33:50 AM
Almost certainly not... you create a character and you stick with it... They may give you 1 opportunity to change after you get through the tutorial part of the game... but after that, your choices are permanent.

It doesn't make any sense for you to be able to change your character after you've created it.

If you want to change a character, get the PC version and use the console command to bring up the character creation.
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: Davelicious46
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg
#3KoujiEXEPosted 9/26/2011 9:36:46 AM
Console Versions: No, it's been announced you cannot remake your character after CC. Though, Oblivion did give you a chance to make changes one last time after the tutorial, so you might get two opportunities to make a character you like.

PC Version: Just use console commands to open the character menu.
#4ronnetPosted 9/26/2011 9:37:34 AM

There was an interview where they asked if there might be a barber or facial surgery (magic) in SKyrim similar to those from Fallout 3. They said this wasn't the case at the time, suggesting such a thing might be added via DLC.

So no, you can't change it after the creation/opening. However the barber was a loved addition to Fallout 3 so I'm sure fan demand will add it in via DLC. Probably along with a tattoo shop and perhaps even a mage that can change your compleet appearance.

#5The_Great_1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2011 10:53:14 AM

I find it ridiculous that PC players get to change it anytime they want to yet console players are limited. Its just stupid.

Davelicious, as I said, when I make a character, sometimes a specific one I have made in many other games, or even a new one, its hard, if not impossible to get it right the first time.

Fallout allowed you to change your character, I didnt know that. I didnt even know you coud create a character. I hope there will be DLC that will allow changes in Skyrim, I really dont understand why this is a problem if its not on the PC version.

#6KoujiEXEPosted 9/26/2011 10:55:44 AM
The_Great_1 posted...
I find it ridiculous that PC players get to change it anytime they want to yet console players are limited. Its just stupid.

I doubt that was their intention. It's more of a side effect of having console commands on PC, and I'm glad those aren't on console (I have horrible self control).
#7yediPosted 9/26/2011 11:33:11 AM
For facial editing, I agree that you shouldn't be able to go over and get a nose job at Fierce Jacks face recombobulation chamber in the middle of Bruma, but for some things, such as beards, hair, DIRT, face paint, there SHOULD be a means to adjust it after the tutorial. It just makes sense for some things.
---
XBL: rune yedi WII:7327 0713 1219 5379 PS3: yedi
yedi.sheezyart.com or yedi.deviantart.com
#8masterdave81Posted 9/26/2011 11:45:06 AM
I agree, normal stuff like hair and face paint should be changeable. Of course, I don't know if there is some reason with their new engine why this would be difficult, but I wish it was in.
#9The_Great_1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2011 4:50:38 PM

I really dont see the problem with changing facial features. Although some of you dont care to do it, that doesnt mean it should be excluded for people like me, and it doesnt alter the game. Its character creation, I shouldnt be punished for one mistake I made cause I didnt fully understand the tools. In any creation game, take time with the editor and like anything else, you will be doing things you thought werent possible when you first used it.
The face is the main thing I want to change. This isnt a problem in the game as it has no effect on it.

#10YamiJustinPosted 9/26/2011 4:52:32 PM
The_Great_1 posted...
I really dont see the problem with changing facial features. Although some of you dont care to do it, that doesnt mean it should be excluded for people like me, and it doesnt alter the game. Its character creation, I shouldnt be punished for one mistake I made cause I didnt fully understand the tools. In any creation game, take time with the editor and like anything else, you will be doing things you thought werent possible when you first used it.The face is the main thing I want to change. This isnt a problem in the game as it has no effect on it.

Oh so we should also have the ability to change our race, sex, etc, by that logic.