Are there alternative endings?

#21lordofchaos17Posted 9/27/2011 2:20:46 PM
yugi0140 posted...
Mattk posted...
I'd assume one ending. Morrowind had one I believe. Oblivion had one.

There was a also a nice theory that the game would end with the Dragonborn becoming the new Alduin,

That would be cool. I mean SI's MC ended up becoming the new Sheogorath so Bethesda might pull this. Hope we get something awesome after MQ's completion like a sword or spell or somethin'.

Sorry, but I had to fix this.
---
So says the High Necromancer of the Slaughterfish!
#22DoctorScrapsPosted 9/27/2011 2:23:33 PM
Well, gee, I wonder if the Devs announced how many endings...?
And if you answered "No they haven't", you win a new car!
---
I use sarcasm a lot. If you are offended, feel free to flame me and I'll just pretend to listen.
#23swordoflight86Posted 9/27/2011 2:42:17 PM
Mattk posted...
I'd assume one ending. Morrowind had one I believe. Oblivion had one.

There was a also a nice theory that the game would end with the Dragonborn becoming the new Alduin,

Morrowind was originally supposed to have an alternate ending where you joined with Dagoth Ur, but it was scrapped due to time constraints. That ending is buried in the game files somewhere, and if you have the PC version and are a savvy enough programmer I've been told you can write it back in. But otherwise, a completely correct post.
---
Swordoflight86's Top 3 Video Game Villians
Jon Irenicus-BG2:SoA, Sarah Kerrigan-SC:BW, Kane-C&C
#24NabucodonosorII(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2011 4:58:00 PM
I am hoping for multiple endings.

It would be really, REALLY lame if a RPG has just one main path to go, regardless of whatever you do.

This is the main reason why I believe there will be a good few of them. It adds a lot to replayability as well.
#25NabucodonosorII(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2011 10:42:04 PM
Even Demon's Souls had two endings.
Dark Souls will feature multiple.

Some new info?
#26NabucodonosorII(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2011 10:08:10 PM
Just heard it's a no.
That can't be true.
#27eternalrage11Posted 9/28/2011 10:23:57 PM
NabucodonosorII posted...

Some new info?

Well, as this board is well aware of, Skyrim just CAN'T compete with Dark souls, so it's kinda a given it'll have just *1* ending.
---
Sup
#28xGenocidestPosted 9/28/2011 10:46:36 PM
You'll play 200 hours and never finish the main quest, so there's no need for endings.
#29TheApd_ReturnsPosted 9/28/2011 10:59:32 PM(edited)
Daggerfall had multiple endings
Morrowind had two major deviations in the main quest that were kind of hidden (grab moon-and-star before you were 'supposed' to, and killing Vivec and ghetto-rigging wraitghguard), and a second ending that is heavily hinted at but never ended up getting put in (siding with Dagoth Ur)
Bloodmoon had the same ending IIRC but the main quest had you choose whether you wanted to fight werewolves or become a werewolf.
Shivering Isles had a somewhat choice of path (mania or dementia) but didnt really affect anything
Fallout 3 had multiple endings
Fallout 3 Broken Steel had multiple endings

Arena didnt have multiple endings
Oblivion didnt have multiple endings

going from Bethesda's track record, its possible they might consider it, i see it 50/50, theres a lot of directions they can take the plot and i doubt its just going to be 'get freed from prison->kill dragons->learn dragon secrets->kill alduin->land is saved!'
---
http://backloggery.com/chollima/sig.gif
http://youtu.be/i1-7EQ2AGxU <- a day in my life
#30ronnetPosted 9/28/2011 11:04:50 PM

NabucodonosorII posted...

Some new info?

The game has no ending. It is an openworld RPG. There is a main quest which will add a new epic tale to Elder Scrolls lore. You'll read about it as history in the next TES game. I doubt it will offer multiple endings.

However this isn't an ending to the game. You can continue. Or you don't play the main quest at all and join the thieves guils. If you stop playing after that then your ending was that of becomming a master thief who stole Skyrim's most precious items. If you played as a mage then your ending might be that of being the most powerful mage ever.

The thing is that it isnt just the ending that is different but the entire playthrough. One could play the game for 50+ hours and have a totally different experience then someone else. Much better then having just multiple endings.