Xbox 360 Mods?

#1taterballsPosted 10/3/2011 5:01:13 PM
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about mods on the 360...saw something in comments on youtube about Todd Howard saying they were trying to get mods on the 360. Be very cool for console gamers they do put them in!!
#2TakaRai7Posted 10/3/2011 5:01:53 PM
hahahaha keep dreamin
---
My sig is helpful see: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=123056
GL HF Dont Feed the Teemo
#3wombat013Posted 10/3/2011 5:04:50 PM
Dont get your hopes up. Other game designers have said this in the past about their games. It's not the companies that aren't allowing mods to their games, it is microsoft. I doubt they will change their mind for Skyrim. However, even though I say dont get your hopes up, my hopes are up! But I do see one big issue here: if console gamers can't make said mods for the games, it would mean that microsoft or the game companies would have to "format" the mods to your console and if you have ever seen the vast amount of mods out there for other games, this would be VERY time consuming and costly (because of wages and what not). That is the other reason I doubt it will happen. Again, my hopes are up though lol.
---
He who needs a pat on the back makes every man his judge
#4quadrupleswordPosted 10/3/2011 6:50:09 PM
I can't see it happening, not if M$ has any say in the matter. Not saying it can't happen, just don't get your hopes up. I'm guessing either mods on consoles will simply not happen or M$ will force Bethesda to release mods in paid-for DLC packs. If the latter is the case, then they might as well not bother; I'm not going to pay a company for something they didn't even create in the first place. That's bad business practice.
---
"Scissors are overpowered, but rock is okay." - paper
#5YageoPosted 10/4/2011 1:35:08 PM
Highly unlikely the 360 will ever get community-created mods. Even if it were somehow implemented, lots of people will complain about paying money for something the PC crowd can get for free (mods not piracy) and the only way MS and Bethesda will work on it is if they can make money off it (not complaining, its their job).
---
Good News Flappy!!! I've decided not to KILL you!
#6EnclavePosted 10/6/2011 4:39:47 PM
If you need mods get the PC version. If you don't strictly need mods but want some hope for mods then get the PS3 version. If you think mods are the devil and ruin your precious Skyrim experience then get the 360.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#7dreamtheater33Posted 10/6/2011 4:42:35 PM
Bethesda looking to bring mod tools to console, although these features won't make it in time for the game's release.
While Bethesda has always supported the mod scene on PC, the developer is also looking to bring those tools to console for Skyrim, and the first steps towards this have already been taken.

"I think our PC mod community is one of the things that is great about our games." Skyrim game director Todd Howard told AusGamers. "We've always supported it and we want to continue to do it. But a lot of our audience is on the consoles so they're not experiencing that. So we have talked to Microsoft and Sony; 'how do we do this?'."

"The good news is that those things have started to happen with games like Forza 3 and sharing all your car stuff or Rock Band's a really good example, where you can make your own tracks where you’re authoring them somewhere else then you’re uploading them to the 360."

"There are still a lot of issues to solve with... because these aren't instances like a song or a car you know, you could download a mod that destroys your game and we can't have that. So we're still... we have not solved - even on paper yet - how to handle security; how do we handle not messing up your saved games and things like that."

"So it's not going to be solved for the game's release, but it's something that we're going to continue to look at because we think that it's an awesome part of the game that the majority of our audience isn't seeing."
#8joemama1992Posted 10/6/2011 8:35:59 PM
taterballs posted...
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about mods on the 360...saw something in comments on youtube about Todd Howard saying they were trying to get mods on the 360. Be very cool for console gamers they do put them in!!

You realize that most youtube comments are just small children bashing their head repeatedly into the keyboard, right?
---
http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy256/groovybeast/potdsig2-1.jpg
Valve are just overpaid professional modders, nothing more. -Dragunov_4_ever
#9EnclavePosted 10/6/2011 9:01:43 PM
joemama1992 posted...
You realize that most youtube comments are just small children bashing their head repeatedly into the keyboard, right?

In this case though he's correct. Bethesda is trying to get mods onto the PS3 and 360. There's no guarantee that they'll actually manage it though. I suspect they may pull it off on the PS3 but I doubt MS will ever allow it on the 360. Sony is generally more open to such things.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#10simonbelmont2Posted 10/8/2011 7:29:40 AM
Enclave posted...
joemama1992 posted...

In this case though he's correct. Bethesda is trying to get mods onto the PS3 and 360. There's no guarantee that they'll actually manage it though. I suspect they may pull it off on the PS3 but I doubt MS will ever allow it on the 360. Sony is generally more open to such things.

Microsoft could make some money if they allowed mods to be sold on the marketplace. The only problem is someone would have to check all the mod content first.
---
Adversity introduces a man to himself.