Bethesda should do a Shadowrun game

#1Marlboro_RedsPosted 10/9/2011 8:29:47 PM
Yeah, I know this is the skyrim board... but what else do we have to discuss about an unreleased game other than how many trolls are on the boards.

But who here has played the pnp shadowrun? I think Bethesda would do a great job if they could get the license. The whole game could be set in san fran with the classic Bethesda open world design... but with that blade runner look.
---
If god didn't want us to eat animals... why did he make them out of meat? ...mmm, bacon.
#2_Mad_Hatter_Posted 10/9/2011 8:34:26 PM
Do you mean going back to Shadow Runs roots or staying as a multiplayer shooter?

Because if you mean back to the games roots I'm with you...

But as a shooter I disagree...
---
Anti-depressant suppositories for everyone!
#3DoctorScrapsPosted 10/9/2011 8:35:45 PM
I remember a lot of six sided dice....a LOT of six sided dice.
---
I use sarcasm a lot. If you are offended, feel free to flame me and I'll just pretend to listen.
#4Marlboro_Reds(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2011 8:37:41 PM
Yeah the fps game they made was terrible... im talking about the classic shadowrun, doing runs for mr johnsons, hacking and breaking into corporations... I think Bethesda could do something along the lines of fallout 3 with some kind of option to pause and think tactically like vats.
---
If god didn't want us to eat animals... why did he make them out of meat? ...mmm, bacon.
#5daddydivinePosted 10/9/2011 8:39:59 PM
Honestly I'd rather Bioware or Obsidian tackle a Shadowrun project. I feel that game should be more along the lines of Neverwinter Nights 2.
---
Slang term of the week. "Thats booty as @#$%."
#6Marlboro_Reds(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2011 8:44:43 PM
Yeah you might be right about bioware making a good shadowrun but nothing says Bethesda can't make a game that isn't top down... I think Bethesda would be better at building the lore well and making the whole thing believable, plus I just don't know if bioware could tackle the whole open world thing.
---
#7_Mad_Hatter_Posted 10/9/2011 8:53:19 PM
Eidos(?) Montreal could probably do it.

They did a great job with Deus Ex Human Revolution, besides the boss fights that is.

They could probably tackle Shadow Run.
---
Anti-depressant suppositories for everyone!
#8DroLeo420Posted 10/9/2011 9:44:15 PM
Marlboro_Reds posted...
Yeah, I know this is the skyrim board... but what else do we have to discuss about an unreleased game other than how many trolls are on the boards.

But who here has played the pnp shadowrun? I think Bethesda would do a great job if they could get the license. The whole game could be set in san fran with the classic Bethesda open world design... but with that blade runner look.

Did you see Spoony's new vlog too?
lol, SQUIRT GUN WARS!
#9blutoblutarskyXPosted 10/9/2011 9:52:40 PM
That would be cool but I don't think theycould handle three licenses well
#10HatchetHoundPosted 10/9/2011 9:57:31 PM
along the lines of fallout 3 with some kind of option to pause and think tactically like vats.

lolno.
Bethesda should not do a Shadowrun game. It'd already be too similar to new Fallout without adding a VATS to it.
---
I'm in a man's apartment and I'm addicted to spray paint.
That is ALL you need to KNOW!