Jyggalag & Sheogorath

#1Kayne0000Posted 10/31/2011 4:32:21 PM
How do you all want this to be handled in Skyrim? I figure both daedric princes will show up in the form of shrine quests, and there will probably be new books about them, but I still believe that Shivering Isles ended the whole story rather messily. Nobody knew what would happen, or whether or not a mortal could even become a daedric prince, so I'm not sure what they'll end up doing.
#2DrakoVongola1Posted 10/31/2011 4:33:55 PM(edited)
SPOILERS

I think they're dead now.
---
I believe in Jesus, the son of God, the one way to salvation
10 days until Alduin is unleashed upon the world
#3VanishingSkillPosted 10/31/2011 4:36:18 PM
SPOILERS

The champion of Cyrodil is Sheogorath.

I hope the game checks my hard drive and makes the deaedric shrine to Sheogorath in the image of my character.
---
"Archangel's identity is hidden about as well as my ex-girlfriend's *****."
#4runner5676Posted 10/31/2011 4:36:23 PM
I'm not sure if the PC "becoming" Sheogorath is canon to the plot. Way I see it, the PC just kinda sat on the throne as caretaker for awhile while Sheo spends time doing whatever he's doing when he's due to be reborn again.

That's the impression I got anyway, but it's been awhile since I played SI. I could have misinterpreted it.
---
We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. - John F Kennedy
#5TheRichnessPosted 10/31/2011 4:37:23 PM
what if they took your customized char from oblivion and made the statue look like your guy!!! that would be sweet.
#6RoanarkPosted 10/31/2011 4:38:57 PM
If Tiber Septim could ascend to become one of the nine divines surely a mortal with his own realm could acend to become a daedric prince.
Jyggalag is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, daedric prince so he's probably still alive but he's also not widely worshiped or well known so he may not make an appearance at all.
#7Immortal_AzraelPosted 10/31/2011 4:39:46 PM

I'm not sure if the PC "becoming" Sheogorath is canon to the plot. Way I see it, the PC just kinda sat on the throne as caretaker for awhile while Sheo spends time doing whatever he's doing when he's due to be reborn again.

That's the impression I got anyway, but it's been awhile since I played SI. I could have misinterpreted it.

I'm pretty sure you actually are Sheogorath. The old Sheogorath isn't coming back. He's just Jyggalag now.
---
Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/Sigs/ImmortalAzrael.jpg
#8Sniping_TurtlePosted 10/31/2011 4:43:51 PM
PC Sheogorath was overthrown and killed by Fimmion after he mistaken the PC for a sweet roll.
---
- - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >' )
#9runner5676Posted 10/31/2011 4:49:09 PM
Immortal_Azrael posted...

I'm pretty sure you actually are Sheogorath. The old Sheogorath isn't coming back. He's just Jyggalag now.

Yeah the part I never understood was that there was never any ascension ritual or anything like that. The PC was just named Sheogorath, and it seems like you need a little bit more than that to become a demi-god.
---
We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. - John F Kennedy
#10CentrophyPosted 10/31/2011 8:23:36 PM
Well, I think the whole point and message of the Shivering Isles main quest is that "symbols are important." So I think that worked out. I think they could even have the old style Sheogorath statues since after the Champion becomes Sheo all the peasants in the isle know him as the Prince of Madness. Maybe they see him/her as the original Daedra. No way of knowing though... I foresee Beth not bothering with placing a Sheogorath Shrine in all future games to avoid confusing/irritating fans when the statue doesn't look like their Oblivion character.

Shame too... I loved all the Sheogorath quests.