Daedric Armor vs Dragon Armor?

#11Raven_ShikumiPosted 11/10/2011 6:50:01 PM
Posters above are right about the left side being light.

Daedric is Heavy Armor, which is why it is on the right side. There are two dragon armor variants, light and heavy, heavy might be better than daedric, but then again it might not be.

Daedric is like the special prize for going with heavy armor.

No clue if you can find it in the wilds, some people have said that it must be crafted, which would suck because I want daedric weapons.
---
Cannot forgive the mind, drained of emotion,
that seeks eternity.
#12FlyinHawaiin444Posted 11/10/2011 6:52:44 PM
hauntbot posted...
FlyinHawaiin444 posted...
SuperFlik posted...
Spoilers: The Left tree is light armour.

This.

I am going for Orcish armor first. It looks SO bad*** in the concept art. Orc in Orcish armor will be awesome.

:0

have any links to it?

@tc:

smithing skill affects the strength of upgrades. it is very possible that the guy in that thread got higher smithing skill before upgrading his daedric armor but after upgrading his dragon armor, and somehow didnt realize thats why his daedric armor was stronger.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Orcish_Armor_(Skyrim)

What i am confused is there is the same pic somewhere I saw labeled as daedric. But this doesn't look as crazy as daedric I don't think.
#13mahgah91Posted 11/10/2011 6:55:42 PM

It's not that so much as a question of why the last thing you get is weaker than something before it. It'd be like if the potions you made at 100 skill restored 50 less health than the ones you make at 90 skill.

It's a simple answer. Dragon Armor takes 5 less perks to get? Well, the trade off is that you need 10 more skill points. It's not a big trade off but that's why Daedric's better. If you've spent 5 more perks getting Daedric, why not lessen the skill requirement?

This is why they dumbed down The Elder Scrolls.
---
Nintendo 3DS FC: Mahgah 1547-5225-3564
#14RevDrBongPosted 11/10/2011 6:58:39 PM
mkbk posted...
It's not that so much as a question of why the last thing you get is weaker than something before it. It'd be like if the potions you made at 100 skill restored 50 less health than the ones you make at 90 skill.
It's a simple answer. Dragon Armor takes 5 less perks to get? Well, the trade off is that you need 10 more skill points. It's not a big trade off but that's why Daedric's better. If you've spent 5 more perks getting Daedric, why not lessen the skill requirement?

This is why they dumbed down The Elder Scrolls.

What are you talking about?
---
All that lives is born to die...
#15BigFriendlyGunPosted 11/10/2011 6:59:33 PM
TC i'm pretty sure you unlocked the light armor variant of dragon armor, not the heavy armor
---
http://i.imgur.com/WMLfo.gif http://i.imgur.com/c4YII.gif
#16PlaceMageHerePosted 11/10/2011 7:01:20 PM
So, one thing.

Are you confirming that we don't need to go down both branches of a tree to unlock the perk attached to both of them? Because if so, this really helps my build.
---
What do we need a stripper for? We got a giant cake!
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1212/dageneral.jpg
#17RevDrBongPosted 11/10/2011 7:06:30 PM
PlaceMageHere posted...
So, one thing.

Are you confirming that we don't need to go down both branches of a tree to unlock the perk attached to both of them? Because if so, this really helps my build.

If a perk has two predecessors, you only need to have one of them to get the perk.
---
All that lives is born to die...
#18PlaceMageHerePosted 11/10/2011 7:09:40 PM

PlaceMageHere posted...
So, one thing.

If a perk has two predecessors, you only need to have one of them to get the perk.

Thank god. Thank you for the info.
---
What do we need a stripper for? We got a giant cake!
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1212/dageneral.jpg
#19TheLastDinosaur(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2011 7:54:13 PM

Ok let me address a few issues.

First, the left side is NOT all light armor.

Dragon for example can be made into light OR heavy armor.

Dr

Next, I have 100 on both light and heavy armor so I know which one is more effective.

Without any smithing to upgrade the armor at the work bench the Heavy Dragonplate Armor by default is 195, while the Daedric Armor is 207.

Might not seem like much but when you add the boots, gauntlets, helmet, and shield and then upgrade them all, it is a difference of over 200 points.

On top of that; Like I mentioned before. Daedra has armor AND weapons. Dragon ONLY has armor. 

And for those who say I am over worried I will say that you will be too when you see how difficult it is to get perks and level up. Theres like 280 perks and in order for you to get the ones you want you have to take a bunch of junk ones to get there so you may use 5 perks just to get the one you wanted on the tree.

Thats another reason I am upset. The Daedra Armor perk is right next to the Dragon perk and it SHOULD let you unlock it. There is even a little line between the two which is supposed to mean that you can get that perk after you get the one before it. But no. It makes you go the other side of the tree and use 4 perks for stuff that I will never use or need just to get it.

#20TheLastDinosaur(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2011 7:57:19 PM

Dont comment if you dont know what your talking about.

One guy said that the Dragon Armor takes 5 points less to get.

They both take 5 if you go in a direct line and take the shortest route.