SPOILERS! Diplomatic Immunity quest glitch

#1zallaadPosted 11/10/2011 10:03:34 AM
Just wondering if anyone else has managed to complete the quest "Diplomatic Immunity", where you have to infiltrate a party and then sneak around and gather information about the dragon attacks.

I found this mission extremely buggy;
- You have your items taken off of you which you are supposed retrieve about five minutes later from a chest before sneaking around the manor. The chest is always empty for me, but whenever I open it, I get the update "Optional: Retrive Items complete" for my quest log, even though I didn't get my items back. I have tried numerous saves and reloads but it continues to happen to me. To combat this, I decided to leave all of my items somewhere else and just do the mission without my items, but at least they weren't lost to some mystical void of nothingness.

-After continuing through the quest and sneaking past the first two guards, I came to a magician standing deadlocked facing a wall, in the direction I'm supposed to go. I let him have five minutes of seeing if he would walk away, which he did not. Instead I was forced to sneak past him at a snails pace and eventually made it past.

-After retrieving the various information and dossiers, I then found it impossible to leave the mansion from any route, though it probably didn't help that I had the entire crew of guards and mages chasing me. I then had to reload to an hour previous to that quest.

tl;dr The mission needs fixes and I hope bethesda releases a patch in the next... few minutes or so.
---
Goku would beat Superman.
#2Manlymike17Posted 11/10/2011 10:06:37 AM
I think you're right: Goku would beat Superman.
---
--M-Law--
#3zallaad(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2011 10:25:06 AM
Of course, there isn't any argument
---
Goku would beat Superman.
#4Mummie000Posted 11/11/2011 2:34:24 AM
zallaad, i do not have the same problem as you but i do have another problem,
in the mission diplomatic immunity when you received the info about the dragons stuff... you have to escape in a place called reeking cave. only problem is.... i cant find the key to that door... if some1 finds it please tell me.
#5RenokePosted 11/11/2011 2:53:23 AM
I can't even find the information? Been looking for ages now.
#6dutchy_gamingPosted 11/11/2011 3:31:04 AM
Got same problem can't find key for reeving cave but in the other building there's a door but also needs a key i think you have to go there first but that key can't also be found
#7Ajd_KingPosted 11/11/2011 3:32:28 AM
Not sure if you know this, but you don't need to sneak past. You can, if you want, go in all swords blazing and hack the elves to pieces, it won't make a difference.

Not sure about your other problems, though.
---
Official King of the Skyrim boards.
#8Jerk_BeefyPosted 11/11/2011 6:41:33 AM
The chest should only have items if you gave them to that guy in Solitude.
#9liesbeth1984Posted 11/11/2011 6:42:37 AM
zallaad posted...
Just wondering if anyone else has managed to complete the quest "Diplomatic Immunity", where you have to infiltrate a party and then sneak around and gather information about the dragon attacks.

I found this mission extremely buggy;
- You have your items taken off of you which you are supposed retrieve about five minutes later from a chest before sneaking around the manor. The chest is always empty for me, but whenever I open it, I get the update "Optional: Retrive Items complete" for my quest log, even though I didn't get my items back. I have tried numerous saves and reloads but it continues to happen to me. To combat this, I decided to leave all of my items somewhere else and just do the mission without my items, but at least they weren't lost to some mystical void of nothingness.

-After continuing through the quest and sneaking past the first two guards, I came to a magician standing deadlocked facing a wall, in the direction I'm supposed to go. I let him have five minutes of seeing if he would walk away, which he did not. Instead I was forced to sneak past him at a snails pace and eventually made it past.

-After retrieving the various information and dossiers, I then found it impossible to leave the mansion from any route, though it probably didn't help that I had the entire crew of guards and mages chasing me. I then had to reload to an hour previous to that quest.

tl;dr The mission needs fixes and I hope bethesda releases a patch in the next... few minutes or so.

I am having exactly the same problems and it's driving me mad, because I took a few days off at work (holiday) to play this game.... I am so so frustrated
#10dutchy_gamingPosted 11/11/2011 7:26:39 AM
Oke i found it talk 2 the prisonor get the last needed info. then the fight the 2 gards + the lord en get 2 key and get out