Enchanting tips for unlimited magicka(spoiler)

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Enchanting tips for unlimited magicka(spoiler)
4 years ago#1
Just some general tips about enchanting. Before i go any further just for your information i am a Destruction mage. So i chose not to learn some enchanting perks base on my need.

A bit about enchanting, to enchant u need to learn the enchant recipes which u get when disenchanting a magic item, the item will be lost once it is disenchating

Skill tree and what perks not to level

-Enchanter (5 levels) 0-80 : Increase enchantments (from 20% to 100%) Max this!!!!!!
-Soul squeezer 20 :souls gems provide extra magicka for recharging (useless to me)
-Fire enchanter 30 fire enchantments on weapons and armor are 25 stronger (useless)
-Soul siphon 40 death blows to creatures but not people, trap 5 of victim soul, recharging the weapon (useless)
-Frost enchanter 40 (useless)
-Shock enchanter 50 (useless)
-Insightful enchanter 50 skill enchantments on armor are 25 stronger (get this)
-Corpus enchanter 70 health magicka and stamina enchantments on armor are 25 stronger (get this)
-Extra Effect 100 put an extra enchantments on items (get this)

I didnt get soul squeeze since i dont use any weapons that needed recharging, soul siphon is useless too since you can use spell "soul trap" from conjunction to capture souls. Fire, Frost, Shock are useless since i mostly enchant magicka and destruction skill.

For unlimited magicka (which mean u can cast any spells for 0 magicka)
- you will need at least level 80 enchanter, maxed out Enchanter skill, Insightful enchanter, Corpus enchanter
- need 4 grand soul gem (filled with soul of course, you can buy these or captured the soul if you have empty gems)
-need to learn the recipes for enchanting the magic that you learning (for example, Fortify Destruction if you want to cast destruction spells for 0 magicka, Fortify Restoration for restoration spells, etc...)
- a body armor, head armor, ring, and necklace (can be any kind)

if u do this, each piece will give you 25% off to cast , 25x4 = 100% off. This has been done. this is not a theory :D

SO if you are at enchanting 100 you get to put 2 enchanting to 1 item which mean 2 kinds of spell at the same time which no cost of magicka and dont have to switch armor!!! I have Destruction and Restoration on my set right now. UNSTOPPABLE!!!! :D
4 years ago#2
lazybumx posted...
Just some general tips about enchanting. Before i go any further just for your information i am a Destruction mage. So i chose not to learn some enchanting perks base on my need.

A bit about enchanting, to enchant u need to learn the enchant recipes which u get when disenchanting a magic item, the item will be lost once it is disenchating

Skill tree and what perks not to level

-Enchanter (5 levels) 0-80 : Increase enchantments (from 20% to 100%) Max this!!!!!!
-Soul squeezer 20 :souls gems provide extra magicka for recharging (useless to me)
-Fire enchanter 30 fire enchantments on weapons and armor are 25 stronger (useless)
-Soul siphon 40 death blows to creatures but not people, trap 5 of victim soul, recharging the weapon (useless)
-Frost enchanter 40 (useless)
-Shock enchanter 50 (useless)
-Insightful enchanter 50 skill enchantments on armor are 25 stronger (get this)
-Corpus enchanter 70 health magicka and stamina enchantments on armor are 25 stronger (get this)
-Extra Effect 100 put an extra enchantments on items (get this)

I didnt get soul squeeze since i dont use any weapons that needed recharging, soul siphon is useless too since you can use spell "soul trap" from conjunction to capture souls. Fire, Frost, Shock are useless since i mostly enchant magicka and destruction skill.

For unlimited magicka (which mean u can cast any spells for 0 magicka)
- you will need at least level 80 enchanter, maxed out Enchanter skill, Insightful enchanter, Corpus enchanter
- need 4 grand soul gem (filled with soul of course, you can buy these or captured the soul if you have empty gems)
-need to learn the recipes for enchanting the magic that you learning (for example, Fortify Destruction if you want to cast destruction spells for 0 magicka, Fortify Restoration for restoration spells, etc...)
- a body armor, head armor, ring, and necklace (can be any kind)

if u do this, each piece will give you 25% off to cast , 25x4 = 100% off. This has been done. this is not a theory :D

SO if you are at enchanting 100 you get to put 2 enchanting to 1 item which mean 2 kinds of spell at the same time which no cost of magicka and dont have to switch armor!!! I have Destruction and Restoration on my set right now. UNSTOPPABLE!!!! :D

I've tried this but I can't put fortify destruction spells on my feet or gloves so it doesn't work. What equipment are you using because this sounds badass and I want to do this.
4 years ago#3
Cant put on gloves and feet but you can put on rings and necklace lol, check above again
4 years ago#4
tag for later use.
---
Gamertag: Deadcell182
4 years ago#5
This may be a stupid question but
the 100% off equates to each spell only costing 100% less of what it did before not 100% off the cost doesnt it.
---
PSN- DarknessKing
4 years ago#6
100% of what it costs. doesnt matter if you put perks into the skills tree to decrease the cost to cast of the spells, you still get 100%.
not sure if u have the game yet or not but each magic skill tree, there are skill to decrease the cost of magicka requirement (Novice Destruction for example, it let u cast novice spells for 50% original requirement). But with this enchanting set up, whether you invest in the perk skills or not you still get 0mp to cast.
i have master destruction, which maxed all the skill perks, of course 0mp to cast is no surprise
but i didnt put any perk to my Restorations, it still 0mp to cast these spells :)
so this set up is working :D
ill put pictures later
4 years ago#7
here is a picture of my set and the spells cost :D
notice that you cant put fortify to gloves and foot armor, like i mentioned above

http://i41.tinypic.com/fn7jac.jpg
4 years ago#8
I have the game but never fooled around with enchanting.

What's the quickest way to level that skill?

I found ways for Illusion,alteration,restoration and Smithing so far.
---
PSN- DarknessKing
4 years ago#9
From what I saw, disenchanting crappy enchanted weapons you find, and also refilling charged weapons (like staves) with soul gems will increase enchanting skill
4 years ago#10
Thanks a lot, I love this kind of inside information.
---
let's shave the hell out of that bearwww.last.fm/user/xpjaulo
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Enchanting tips for unlimited magicka(spoiler)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived