Poll: Who did you follow, Hadvar or Rolof?

#11RyureilPosted 11/12/2011 10:58:02 AM(edited)
I went with Ralof.

Was not too keen on following a member of the group that was about to chop my head off.
---
"You're going to be a hero now Suzaku."
#12_Spacio_Posted 11/12/2011 10:57:23 AM
I went with Ralof, the Imperials had just tried to execute me, I'd have trusted a hungry bear over the Imperials.
---
"I don't do ups, ups defy gravity, gravity is a law and I obey the law!"
#13MisguidedPiratePosted 11/12/2011 10:57:53 AM
huyi posted...
is there any pros or cons for choosing either one of them?

Meh, they're about the same. The imperials have better equipment, so if you follow Rolaf you can kill the Imp captain, giving you a decent set of heavy armor and a steel-grade sword pretty much immediately. When you get to Riverwood you'll be given access to one of the houses, but it's mostly just full of food.

On the other hand, going with Hadvar you have to make do with lower grade equipment at first. But once you get to Riverwood you'll be liked by the blacksmith, giving you free access to some weapons and armor (which are admittedly still worse than the stuff you get by going with Rolaf) and all the Iron/Steel ingots in his house and under his workbench.. so if you take the Steel smithing perk you can set yourself up with whatever you want at that point.

Basically.. they're both pretty much the same in the end.
---
XBL : Crossbit
#14AnakeriePosted 11/12/2011 11:01:19 AM
Hadvar. It really wasn't intentional: I always play in 3rd person and being stuck in 1st with a dragon trying to cook me had me a bit disoriented. When I went through that door I had no idea WHO I was following: I just wanted to get inside.
---
"If you like, we could leave a strongly-worded letter on his sarcophagus and just go."
#15GenocideHeartPosted 11/13/2011 3:44:33 PM
That's actually a good call - I discovered the hard way that Alduin WILL single you out if you mess around in the courtyard where you must decide for more than 15 seconds. Landed right behind me and instantly cooked me on the spot, ignoring about 12 Imperials attacking him from all sides.
---
** PSN ID: GenocideHeart **
Does Hydlide really count as a game? I thought it was supposed to be some kind of torture session. --Tocawe
#16Mysims2Posted 11/13/2011 3:46:06 PM
Followed Hadvar, didn't know there was a choice.
---
Because going to the store to buy a game requires the burning of calories/the use of energy...the thought of that to a 400 pound pirater is unheard of..-Squeets