Archer / Mage

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Tenkaichi06

Tenkaichi06
5 years ago#1
Tell me, is it really dumb that I'm trying to make a pretty good mage archer? I mean, it's one or the other when it comes to using the hands. To give you an insight into how I play, my Sneak skill is 40 and I've unlocked the 3x Bow damage perk, and I've gotten my Archery to the point where I can zoom in. I think that's about it as far as the Archery skill tree. I will not be putting anymore points into it. IF I do, it will only be 1 in Slow Time by 25%

So can I still deal some decent damage using the bow with the setup I've got, or will I once again have suffered from the "Crappy First Character Syndrome"?
PSN: Tenkaichi06

User Info: SDragoon35

SDragoon35
5 years ago#2
Thats how I played in Oblivion, and that is how my Skyrim character is built. If I can't kill something with my sneak attack, I burn them down with fire. I use my shout to keep enemies away from melee distance.
www.beyond8bit.com for some fun and entertaining gaming talk

User Info: DragonLord405

DragonLord405
5 years ago#3
I think it's plausible, but I've given up on this. I started with the same concept (sneak attack then burst down with magic) but instead gave up on Archery in favor of pure Destruction. I found that combining a strong spell in both hands can one-shot a lot of mobs.

Tenkaichi06
5 years ago#4
What a waste the "x3 Sneak damage w/ Bow" perk is. I didn't realize it was already x2.

Anyway, I seem to do more damage with archery in sneak, but idk.

User Info: WalkerRed

WalkerRed
5 years ago#5
Haven't tried it yet. It the rune spells are like ground traps. Maybe you could put them on the ground before you attack. Like rogues in other games.

User Info: SRTtoZ

SRTtoZ
5 years ago#6

Bad idea, you dont want all ranged attacks.  Will it work? Yes but its going to be annoying and frustrating trying to aim and attack espeically when there's more than 1 mob. 

User Info: Bhellium

Bhellium
5 years ago#7
Why is 3x sneak attack damage a waste again?
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference

User Info: SRTtoZ

SRTtoZ
5 years ago#8

Bhellium posted...
Why is 3x sneak attack damage a waste again?
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference

Its not, he has no idea what hes talking about.  3x sneak damage is great, and which is why stealth+archery go hand in hand.

Tenkaichi06
5 years ago#9
SRTtoZ posted...

Bhellium posted...

Why is 3x sneak attack damage a waste again?---P&L: Deal w/itCookie if you get the reference

Its not, he has no idea what hes talking about. 3x sneak damage is great, and which is why stealth+archery go hand in hand.

x2 vs x3 is just a few extra fireballs worth of damage, no big deal.

User Info: ShibaRoekoe

ShibaRoekoe
5 years ago#10
that's a 50% increase of sneak damage... pretty big
War does not determine who is right - only who is left

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived