Dark Brotherhood...assassin? Random...

#1Z350ZDRAGONPosted 11/11/2011 11:39:28 PM(edited)
*READ EVERYTHING* Its a must for you to fully understand.

First off, I have just been exploring. I'm only level 12. Came on these boards to look for any Gold Glitches. I was just curious if anyone found one. I won't be doing the glitch. Oddly enough, the topic with 57 posts, I went searching for the altar. never found it. I went up and to the right all the way to a castle wall with about 10 bandits. I reloaded my save (at the two way) and then went left hoping to find the altar.

Well I come across a Giant and his Mammoth. Yet I hear the famous "You picked the wrong day to get lost my friend phrase" I backed up and an assassin came up and over the hill. Well I started using flame, and right as he got close enough, I did my Ice Form shout. The assassin, then flew at me and went all crazy spinning and flipping in air and I watched him as he was doing all this and losing health, I actually had to chase him because he went pretty far behind me. When I finally found his body (saw a tail behind a tree I had just walked by) I searched him. I found a "Dark Brotherhood Assassin's Note" It says...

As instructed, you are to eliminate Beast by any means necessary. The Black Sacrament has been performed - somebody wants this poor fellow dead.

We've already received payment for the contract. Failure is not an option.

-Astrid

Now, I don't even know how to join the dark brotherhood, I have not killed anyone besides a random mercenary at the two way where I went left at because I tried to intimidate her using the speech dialog. Unless that triggered the assassin, Why would the dark brotherhood be after me? Why assassinate me for killing someone?

In Oblivion it was ok to kill someone, to be able to join the Dark Brotherhood. Is it backwards this time? I have 15 hours into the game, and just done a couple quests here and there.
---
_______(=====()_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-,
I_iiiii__/'''''''''[{]''''''''{_)_)_)_)_)======. WARNING: I'm 24,intelligent,& open minded.
#2legend253Posted 11/11/2011 11:38:39 PM
I am not sure what sparks this event. I got it too. I joined the Companions, have you?
---
"Five to one, baby! One in five! No one here gets out alive, now. You get yours, baby. I'll get mine. Gonna make it, baby if we try."-The Doors.
#3Z350ZDRAGON(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 11:40:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Z350ZDRAGON(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 11:41:17 PM
I haven't joined anything lol. Just been killing dragons, selling things, and doing some quests and roaming. I have only killed one person, and the assassin comes after me like 30 seconds later?
---
I_iiiii__/'''''''''[{]''''''''{_)_)_)_)_)======. WARNING: I'm 24,intelligent,& open minded.
#5TyfunPosted 11/11/2011 11:41:46 PM
To start the quest for the Dark Brotherhood, you have to talk to bartenders in bars about any rumors they heard, I forget which one I talked to, might have been the one in Riverwood that started the quest for me
---
xbox 360 GT= Tyfun
#6Z350ZDRAGON(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 11:43:22 PM
Thank you for that info. I did a rumor one time and got the Shrine of Azura, which lead me to the gold glitch, which let me to looking, and killing the mercenary then the assassin lol. weird how things like that happen...
---
#7Z350ZDRAGON(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 11:45:35 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8Z350ZDRAGON(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 11:45:49 PM
Im going to test this again. I will not kill the mercenary this time and walk the same path though
---
#9DragonLord405Posted 11/11/2011 11:50:00 PM
I have had this event as well.

To give more information:
- I have not killed any civilians. Yet.
- I have not joined any group or faction aside from the Mage's College.
- I was level 8 or 9 when it happened.

I think it's just an event that happens no matter what when you get to a certain point in the story.
#10XxJR08xXPosted 11/11/2011 11:50:04 PM
I killed a assassin with a note from the dark brotherhood too. I thought it was pretty neat he actually had a note lol. But i dont know why they would want to kill me, dont really care either... but maybe ill find out when i join them later in the game.
---
XBL Gamertag - XxJR08xX