Roggvir Savable?

#1Tommy_1122Posted 11/12/2011 11:37:20 PM
Hello GameFaqs, I just arrived in the city of Solitude and came upon a public execution where a man named Roggvir was being executed. I am just curious, is he savable in any way? I made a save file before his head was lopped off, and was wondering if there is anything I can do to save his life. Any insight appreciated, thanks!
#2the-operarioPosted 11/12/2011 11:39:58 PM
I'm not sure we can save him. I assume if you get to Solitude and just start killing everyone, you just might save him, but who knows... ?

But who cares ? The guy was scum anyway (my allegiance is with the Empire lol).
#3TarentulaPosted 11/13/2011 8:05:20 PM
I tried. I killed the guards, started a riot then Roggvir ran away, I got arrested, payed the fine, and got out to see Roggvir laying dead in the streets.....
#4CH1CK3NCH4SERPosted 11/14/2011 9:47:02 PM
To answer any questions, i played around with this for a while to see. Even if you kill either roggvir or the executioner from stealth, the captain will become hostile, even if you were stealthed. The second he spots you he will be hostile the entire time untill he kills you. If you just kill the executioner, the guars scramble to kill roggvir, so no matter what he dies. I even tried firing an arrow from the watchtowers while hidden, and while it was in mid flight, takign an invisibility potion, and the guards still get hostile. Kinda sucks that you cant intervene or change the events at all, but oh well.
#5EmmurePosted 11/14/2011 11:09:24 PM
I saved right before and went on a werewolf rampage lol. Then I had to reload :/
---
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j145/Jvchequer/Trollface_HD.jpg
#6rutsahl_Posted 11/15/2011 1:59:12 PM
on a side note, if you search his headless body he has an amulet of talos that reduces time between shouts by 20% that you can take.
---
Anyone else make their board name when they were 13 and now hate it?