Is there any real benefit to dual wielding one-handed weapons?

#1the4thstoogePosted 11/13/2011 4:35:40 PM
I was going to dual wield, but after trying it for a few hours, it seemed like there wasn't really anything I could do by dual wielding that I couldn't accomplish with a two-handed weapon, plus I can't block while dual wielding. But is there anything that you do get out of it that you otherwise can't do or is it only in the game because it looks cool?
---
The more you rage, the worse you play. The worse you play, the more you rage.
People who have agreed so far: 12
#2rckgamerzPosted 11/13/2011 4:37:01 PM
You get to use different enchantments/a mace w/ armor piercing perks in one hand and a sword with crit damage in the other.
---
"Damn straight. I don't care what my relation is to that woman, I'd bang her six ways from Sunday. And six ways UNTIL Sunday." - Blue Dragmire
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 11/13/2011 4:37:22 PM
If you upgrade the one-handed perks, eventually you'll be hitting really fast and your power attacks are stupidly powerful.
---
Everything's better with zombies. Except pie.
#4DeviousLightPosted 11/13/2011 4:38:07 PM
Sword and Shield is better imo
---
Gamefaqs. Where Frequently Asked Questions are forbidden.
#5lalallaalalPosted 11/13/2011 4:39:41 PM
The benefit for me is tons of fun and I think the standing power attack with both weapons looks cool.
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 11/13/2011 4:39:57 PM
DeviousLight posted...
Sword and Shield is better imo

Depends on how you want to spend your perks. Going two-handed or dual saves you most of the block perk tree (2 handers still benefit from a few block perks), which can free up another tree.
---
Everything's better with zombies. Except pie.
#7otakon2006Posted 11/13/2011 4:40:21 PM
It's an all offense style that lends itself to overwhelming an enemy with a barrage of attacks. You can't block however, so heavy armor is a good choice to protect yourself with. Hell, armed with two Daggers with the Duel Frenzy perk will give you the highest attack speed possible, I think.
#8winter_lamentsPosted 11/13/2011 4:45:21 PM
If you try dual-wielding from lvl 1, expect to burn through a lot of health potions and scrolls. After you've put some time in and gotten a few perks, there aren't many enemies in Skyrim you can't drop in ten seconds. Quick and messy. If you want a more tactical combat experience, use a weapon combo that allows blocking. The disarm perks alone make it worthwhile.
#9Splinter_WithinPosted 11/13/2011 5:06:19 PM
I used to think the same thing op. But then I got the dual wield perks and it makes it more then worth it. Plus there is a dragon shout that increases swing speed. Once you get the hang of it you can dodge attacks by moving back words or sidestepping.
---
drothegreat0ne posted...
So many uncharted halo's that are full-fledge battlefields and they're all calling us to duty. We must ride the wave of innovation!
#10the4thstooge(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2011 5:20:27 PM
So then, I didn't realize this, so I switched back to two-handed weapons. I'm about 4-5 hours into the game. Is it too late to go back to dual-wielding?
---
The more you rage, the worse you play. The worse you play, the more you rage.
People who have agreed so far: 12