Well-Rested Bonus from sleeping: How does it work?

#1entlassenPosted 11/13/2011 8:07:33 PM
I just started reading about how there is a "well-rested bonus" for sleeping in your bed. My question is:

1) How long do you have to sleep for to get the full bonus?
2) What exactly does the bonus do? Make skill-ups faster, or are there other benefits?
3) How long does the bonus last for once you wake up from bed? Is it time based, or does it end after you get a certain amount of XP?

Thanks.
#2PhadinPosted 11/13/2011 8:09:42 PM
This is very similar to the Fallout 3 Well Rested benefit.... sooooo..

1) Not sure, but if it's like FO3, then just 1 hour in bed will give you the well rested benefit.
2) It gives a 10% bonus in earned experience for all skills, so yes, it makes your skills go up faster.
3) the duration is 8 in game hours.
#3loki_lauyfersonPosted 11/13/2011 8:10:44 PM
not 100% sure but i think 8 hours gives you well rested anything less than that gives you rested
---
xbl gamertag: loki lauyferson
#4entlassen(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2011 8:13:29 PM
So you rest 8 hours to be well-rested? And then once you have the bonus it lasts for another 8 hours?
#5entlassen(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 1:16:24 AM
Hmm I tried resting in my bed for like 24 hours and when I woke up the UI didn't give me any messages about receiving a rested bonus. How do I see whether I have it active or not?
#6entlassen(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 7:05:00 AM
bump regarding whether you see any UI notification upon getting the buff
#7SweetPandaLovePosted 11/14/2011 7:06:30 AM
If you sleep in a bed that you DON'T own, you get the "Rested" bonus. If you sleep in a bed you OWN, you get the "Well Rested" bonus.
#8E_S_M_ZPosted 11/14/2011 7:06:30 AM
On the magic screen, it's listed under "Active Effects".
---
()xxx[]:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
The Ghost o' Quakecon Yet To Come
#9TiruasPosted 11/14/2011 7:08:10 AM
entlassen posted...
bump regarding whether you see any UI notification upon getting the buff

my character has been in action in Skyrim for about a month??? give or take

i've slept in a bed 3 times ever

twice i slept for 1 hour & got no message

i believe i slept once for over 8 hours just to pass time until the merchant shops opened & i happened to be near my bed.

when i awoke it stated "You awaken feeling rested"
#10entlassen(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 12:43:17 PM
I don't know why I'm not able to get the bonus to activate. I'm sleeping in my own bed in Whiterun, and I've tried doing various lengths of sleep from 1 to 8 to 24, and even 48 hours. For some reason I'm just not seeing any message when I wake up, and I don't see anything under my Magic/Active Effects listings.

Is anybody else having this problem?

(and no I'm not a werewolf, haven't even joined the Companions yet)