Can I make spells have no mana cost?

#1JimDandDPosted 11/15/2011 2:29:02 AM
Is it possible to get enough mana cost reduction on spells to make them free to cast? I have 15% cost reduction already and I'm a pretty good enchanter so I'm thinking of enchanting some of my other gear with destro mana reduction, but is there a cap? Or could I spam fireballs to no end?
#2Saelius88Posted 11/15/2011 2:30:37 AM
Try it and see if you can get 100% reduction
---
I know the secret to Life.
The trick is to keep Breathing.
#3BlyrPosted 11/15/2011 2:31:03 AM
no cap, there's a thread somewhere around here detailing how to go about it
---
Does it scare anybody else that the only metric Americans know, has to do with weapons? -Rampagingwalrus
#4Big_Ed_MustaphaPosted 11/15/2011 2:34:58 AM(edited)
Yes but you need to max out enchant, and take all the central tree of perks (that pertain to armor enchants not weapons) including all 5 levels of the increased power enchant perk.

Then you need 4 grand souls in grand soul gems, go to an enchant table and then make 4 pieces of 25% magic reduction in destruction, obviously 2 of those pieces can be a ring and a pendant.

EDIT for further detail: You can max enchant easily by making loads of iron daggers (for which you'll need lots of iron ingots and leather straps) and getting lots of soul gems, getting a soul trap weapon and then killing loads of animals for their souls, enchant them and sell them to buy more stuff to get more daggers and soul gems, rinse repeat.

This will also level you smithing

Hope that helps
---
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm303/Hunter_Rose/ZOOL.jpg
#5JimDandD(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 2:33:12 AM
Blyr posted...

Alright thanks I'll look for that. And about your signature, we also know metric from drugs.
#6taco_ninja393Posted 11/15/2011 2:33:23 AM
Or the Dragon Priest mask
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#7JimDandD(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 2:35:18 AM
Big_Ed_Mustapha posted...
Yes but you need to max out enchant, and take all the central tree of perks (that pertain to armor enchants not weapons) including all 5 levels of the increased power enchant perk.

Then you need 4 grand souls in grand soul gems, go to an enchant table and then make 4 pieces of 25% magic reduction in destruction, obviously 2 of those pieces can be a ring and a pendant.

Oh cool, I cant definitely manage that, already have all the perks I'd need and a few grand soul gems. Also, if I get enchant to 100 and get the last perk, could I put two of the same enchants on one item? Giving me 50% mana reduction on one item?
#8Master Of The DeadPosted 11/15/2011 2:36:43 AM
JimDandD posted...
Blyr posted...

Alright thanks I'll look for that. And about your signature, we also know metric from drugs.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/60951332

I am currently in the process of doing it. My Enchanting is 61 and my Smithing is in the 70s. Gonna use Light Dragon Armour and make it Legendary first though.
---
[ Phanasaurus Lv185 BaM ] [ Phanosaurus Lv177 Mech ] [ Lycanthrope Lv178 Bish ]
Gamertag: Dayy Hughes
#9Big_Ed_MustaphaPosted 11/15/2011 2:38:36 AM
Yes you can, but you cant put the same enchant onto a piece of armor so that wouldn't work, what I'm planning on doing for the second perk will be resistance to magic, thus making me invulnerable to magic : )

Heres a link to the thread with more info: -

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/60951332

Also, if your planning on doing the two enchants thing, a quick warning, you cant add a second enchant to an already enchated item, both enchantments must be put on at the same time.
---
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm303/Hunter_Rose/ZOOL.jpg
#10Master Of The DeadPosted 11/15/2011 2:38:53 AM
Oh, and for an easy way to fill Soul Gems (to level your Enchanting), if you give Lydia a bunch of the same type of Soul Gem, and give her a weapon with Soul Trap, one Soul fills ALL of the Soul Gems.

This only works for one type though (well I'd assume the second soul will fill another type, etc), which is why you want as many of the same type as you can get.
---
[ Phanasaurus Lv185 BaM ] [ Phanosaurus Lv177 Mech ] [ Lycanthrope Lv178 Bish ]
Gamertag: Dayy Hughes