Does anyone have ANY clue how to PAY OFF YOUR BOUNTIES?

#11BFMV1Posted 11/15/2011 7:20:26 AM
If your bounty is a problem simply go to jail, there is really no drawbacks in this game besides losing progress on any current skills.
---
On my Phhhoooooonneee.
#12coachrochePosted 11/15/2011 7:21:16 AM
BassbinsHRZ posted...
BFMV1 posted...
Paying a guard takes the bounty away. Alternatively there is as member of the thieves guild that can remove the bounty for half the cost.

Dude, lol.
Yea. Everyone is aware thats typically how they do it. Have you played the game? I have not seen one mention of what NPC lets you pay the bounty off. This is what I want. To pay the bounty off to the thieves guild for half price. Can someone direct me to this? I'm well aware I can give the guards ALL my money.

Step A: Ask how you pay of your bounty
Step B: Receive a general answer because you weren't specific
Step C: Start whining and getting defensive, and insult someone else's knowledge of the game while simultaneously being too f***ing lazy to go join the Thieves' Guild and find out for yourself.
---
Signature will not change until my signature changes. Started last time I changed my signature.
#13BassbinsHRZ(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 7:22:01 AM
diggy009 posted...
Maybe you shoulda been more clear, instead of treating people who tell you to pay the guards like idiots. You didn't say other than pay the guards...

Anywho, thieves guild, do quests for them and you'll eventually have the option to pay half price. Or just go to prison, there's almost no penalty, just some skills lose their progress to the next level, big whoop.

Can you confirm this having done it yourself? That there was a NPC that allowed you to do this for sure? Cause I have this feeling that most of these answers stem from how it was in previous games.
Regardless, thank you for the answer - It is incredibly frustrating to just get a straight answer on these boards.
#14airroninPosted 11/15/2011 7:24:17 AM
BassbinsHRZ posted...
diggy009 posted...
Maybe you shoulda been more clear, instead of treating people who tell you to pay the guards like idiots. You didn't say other than pay the guards...

Anywho, thieves guild, do quests for them and you'll eventually have the option to pay half price. Or just go to prison, there's almost no penalty, just some skills lose their progress to the next level, big whoop.

Can you confirm this having done it yourself? That there was a NPC that allowed you to do this for sure? Cause I have this feeling that most of these answers stem from how it was in previous games.
Regardless, thank you for the answer - It is incredibly frustrating to just get a straight answer on these boards.

There is no member of the Thieve's Guild who does this.

In order to be able to bribe or pay off the guards for half price, you have to finish "influence quests" for each hold. Its part of the quests that bring the Thieve's Guild back to prominence. In essence, when you join, they don't have the influence to get you out of anything.
---
---
xbox live: air805ronin
#15saiyazPosted 11/15/2011 7:25:24 AM
BassbinsHRZ posted...
diggy009 posted...

I've been asking around for this myself, and no one seems to have the answer. I've got the quests done up to right after you get the key, but I haven't heard tell of anyone that can actually do it outside of random conversations saying "Thieves guilds can remove a bounty". I've tried talking to each person in the guild too, and there isn't an option given at all.
---
Kittens aren't flammable. Their aura of cuteness protects them from fire.
#16BassbinsHRZ(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 7:26:40 AM
coachroche posted...
BassbinsHRZ posted...
BFMV1 posted...
Paying a guard takes the bounty away. Alternatively there is as member of the thieves guild that can remove the bounty for half the cost.

Dude, lol.
Yea. Everyone is aware thats typically how they do it. Have you played the game? I have not seen one mention of what NPC lets you pay the bounty off. This is what I want. To pay the bounty off to the thieves guild for half price. Can someone direct me to this? I'm well aware I can give the guards ALL my money.

Step A: Ask how you pay of your bounty
Step B: Receive a general answer because you weren't specific
Step C: Start whining and getting defensive, and insult someone else's knowledge of the game while simultaneously being too f***ing lazy to go join the Thieves' Guild and find out for yourself.

I joined the thieves guild, haven't found what I needed in game.
Also thank you for the productive reply, a few more of those and you'll be part of the reason it is so annoying frustrating to just get a answer regarding a games mechanics on a ****ing video game website.
#17BassbinsHRZ(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 7:27:55 AM
saiyaz posted...
BassbinsHRZ posted...
diggy009 posted...

I've been asking around for this myself, and no one seems to have the answer. I've got the quests done up to right after you get the key, but I haven't heard tell of anyone that can actually do it outside of random conversations saying "Thieves guilds can remove a bounty". I've tried talking to each person in the guild too, and there isn't an option given at all.

An educated answer that explains the question in a simple way. Thank you!
#18APrfctCrclFanPosted 11/15/2011 7:33:57 AM
The Thieve's Guild is in Riften. If you're wondering, you can take a carriage there. Just walk up to the carriage driver and press the A Button. You can then speak to him and pay gold for a ride.
---
I could have told you all that I love you.
And in the faces you see, you'll see just who you've been.
#19BassbinsHRZ(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 7:34:49 AM
APrfctCrclFan posted...
The Thieve's Guild is in Riften. If you're wondering, you can take a carriage there. Just walk up to the carriage driver and press the A Button. You can then speak to him and pay gold for a ride.

Lol, o u.
#20coachrochePosted 11/15/2011 7:34:51 AM
BassbinsHRZ posted...
I joined the thieves guild, haven't found what I needed in game.
Also thank you for the productive reply, a few more of those and you'll be part of the reason it is so annoying frustrating to just get a answer regarding a games mechanics on a ****ing video game website.

It's only annoying if you start b****ing at people for not giving you the specific answer you were looking for, because you, y'know, didn't specify what exactly you were looking for.

F*** YOU GAMEFAQS, WHY CAN'T YOU JUST READ MY THOUGHTS?!?
---
Signature will not change until my signature changes. Started last time I changed my signature.