A big list of ways to train your skills

#1Silver1717Posted 11/15/2011 12:54:39 PM
Request sticky if you would so like to. I'll update this thread when new and better ways to upgrade skills occur. I will give credits in a bit.

General

You can take back the gold you get from skill trainers by making them your companion, and by pickpocketing it back from them after you get training. For your magic skills, get 100 enchanting, all 5 enchanter perks, insightful enchanter, corpus enchanter, extra effect (extra effect not necessary, so i guess you only need like 70 enchanting). enchant a ring, necklace, body armor, and helm with -25% [insert magic school here] magicka cost

Alchemy

make damage magicka regen, damage stamina regen, invisibility, paralysis, and slow potions
these are worth the most and thus give the most experience

Dmg mag regen ingreds:
bear claws, blue butterfly wing, blue mountain flower, hanging moss, nightshade, spriggan sap, glow dust, spider egg, chicken egg

Dmg stam regen ingreds:
creep cluster, frost mirriam, giants toe (use these with wheat, trust me), histcarp, juniper berries, large antlers, silverside perch, skeever tail, wheat

Invisibility:
chaurus eggs, ice wraith teeth, luna moth wing, nirnroot, vampire dust

Slow:
deathbell, large antlers, river betty, salt pile

paralysis
briar heart, canis root, imp stool, swamp fungal pod

my favorites are hanging moss and blue mountain flowers... very easy to acquire and very good exp/value

Alteration

Cast oakflesh over and over while you are in combat with an enemy who is stuck in the water.

Block and Light and Heavy armor

Just go into a cave/mine with a really low level enemy and back into a corner. You can then just elastic-band your block button down. I'm currently doing it, seems to be a slow skill to level just like in Oblivion. Make sure you set the difficulty down so you don't die.

Conjuration

1.Buy the bound sword
2. Find slaughterfish
3.Stand at the edge of water so slaughterfish can't attack you, and so that you'll still be in combat
4. Cast bound sword (don't dual sword it), sheath your weapon and repeat.

You can get the Apprentice Conjuration magic perk to make this process go by faster. This process is so quick you can have 100 conjuration in little over 1 and a half hour.

smithing & enchantment & speech

1. buy/ mine iron ore/bars.
2. acquire leather strips.
3. smith as many iron daggers as possible
4. enchant iron daggers with weak enchantments.
5 sell daggers 1 at a time for good profit.

Or if you want to train Speech very quickly.

1. go to riften, black brian meadery
2. talk to the guy at the counter, ask him to tell you about the meadery
3. use the persuade option. if it fails, bribe him gold instead, you need atleast 26 speech for persuasion to work i think so if youre not 26 yet, youll only need to bribe a few times to reach lvl 26
4. repeat
5. 30 minutes later, youre level 100

Sneak

Go to the Greybeards (after you are revealed to be Dovakiin) and sneak attack them. They won't fight back.

Illusion

Dual Cast courage on any NPC

All combat skills (Destruction, One Handed/Two Handed)

Put the difficulty all the way up, cast a Frost Atronach spell and wail on it. Or, do the Dark Brotherhood quest to acquire Shadowmere and put the difficulty all the way up and wail it. Once it it enters combat, heal it when it reaches low health then wail on it some more.
---
I want ice cream
People who agree: 0
#2Silver1717(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 12:54:57 PM
Lockingpicking

Get a buttload of lockpicks and find a master lock (check out the Dwemer Museum for some high level locks) and continue to break all your locks.

Pickpocket

Assuming youve already gotten a high enchanting level, enchant at least a ring and necklace with fortify pickpocket

1. go to any town
2. pickpocket
3. repeat

the success rate is crazy high with 1 or 2 measly fortify pickpocketing enchantments
valuable items/things that weigh a lot give the most experience
if you get caught just take the 25 gold fine, dont bother saving/reloading etc
once youve stolen most of the valuable things in one town, move onto another
more valuable items show up when you have a higher pickpocket

Restoration

Get a high level ward spell, find a necromancer camp and continue to deflect their spells.
---
I want ice cream
#3Silver1717(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 12:58:03 PM
Credits

BigBob, PlightedPersona, simonbelmont2 and Notchy44
---
I want ice cream
#4fr3t78Posted 11/15/2011 12:59:37 PM
A good one for restoration also when you are following the mages college quest line you will acquire a spell called Equilibrium (Alt school) it converts health into Magika I put Quick heal in one hand and Equilibrium in the other just kept them running and advanced my resto tree to 60 in about 15-20min.
#5Grim_ReapyPosted 11/15/2011 1:00:19 PM
Thank God! Sticky Sticky Sticky!
---
I am a visitor here... I am not permanent.
And the only... thing... keeping me dry is...
#6Silver1717(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 1:04:02 PM
america head charge posted...
Thank God! Sticky Sticky Sticky!
---
I want ice cream
#7tRichardson3Posted 11/15/2011 1:04:17 PM
Tag
#8ErokinPosted 11/15/2011 1:05:01 PM
tag
---
Nobody wins,but I!
#9Silver1717(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 1:07:05 PM
Thanks guys. This board moves very fast.
---
I want ice cream
#10deblas66Posted 11/15/2011 1:09:02 PM
---
XBL: D Block 25