How can you make a follower dual wield weapons?

#1supoPosted 11/15/2011 12:57:35 PM
i'm trying to get Uthgerd the Unbroken to dual wield.. I've tried different combinations but she either equips two-handed weapons or one-handed & shield. Can she not dual wield at all?
---
We are not alone...
#2supo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 1:00:10 PM
Damn fast board lol bump.
---
We are not alone...
#3waxc3Posted 11/15/2011 1:09:38 PM
My current companion dual wields two different staves (staffs? Lol) but she won't do it with swords so far.
---
jab, jab, ->, quick kick, fierce punch.
gamertag - waxc3
#4supo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 1:22:28 PM
Yea I've noticed that Uthgerd can dual wield staffs, but no swords maces axes. Anyone else have an idea to solve this?
---
We are not alone...
#5JohnnySomethingPosted 11/15/2011 1:23:33 PM
Did you try to take away the shield/2-handed sword?

I know Jenassa/Janessa (the dark elf in The Archery shop in Whiterun) dual-wields, so it's possible with at least some of them.
#6supo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 1:28:51 PM
JohnnySomething posted...
Did you try to take away the shield/2-handed sword?

I know Jenassa/Janessa (the dark elf in The Archery shop in Whiterun) dual-wields, so it's possible with at least some of them.

Yes I've tried everything I could think of but no luck so far. I wanted her to dual wield since here http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Uthgerd_the_Unbroken it says that its better to give her dual wield or one-handed & shield, and I wanted the former..
---
We are not alone...
#7JohnnySomethingPosted 11/15/2011 1:39:30 PM
Well with Jenassa I would give her, say a Sword and a Dagger (never tried 2 longswords now that I think about it, dunno if it matters) and she would usually just equip one, until a battle started, when she would pull out the second.

So, if you haven't, give her both and then get into a battle to see if she pulls out both weapons?
#8supo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 1:42:56 PM
JohnnySomething posted...
Well with Jenassa I would give her, say a Sword and a Dagger (never tried 2 longswords now that I think about it, dunno if it matters) and she would usually just equip one, until a battle started, when she would pull out the second.

So, if you haven't, give her both and then get into a battle to see if she pulls out both weapons?

I'm gonna try that right now.
---
We are not alone...
#9supo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 1:50:58 PM
Just tried it, didn't work :( i guess she can't dual wield weapons then..only staffs.
---
We are not alone...