What are the best Destruction spells? And where do I find them?

#1DarkHero_KnightPosted 11/16/2011 2:16:36 AM
Just wanting to know which Destruction spells are the best. So I can keep an eye out for them. And how to find them.
#2Mr_GravePosted 11/16/2011 2:33:05 AM
I want to know this too.
#3AxelPoePosted 11/16/2011 2:44:50 AM
Hmmm...
I do Destruction magic a lot.
It be good to know this.
---
"Fight evil with evil."
#4LanceDrakoPosted 11/16/2011 2:46:55 AM
Firebolt is the best spell I've stumbled across. You buy it from the chick before you get to the College in Winterhold. Other then that, shouts do more damage if you find the Words of Power stones for 'em.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4468-1223-0321
#5rickjames1221Posted 11/16/2011 2:48:12 AM
LanceDrako posted...
Firebolt is the best spell I've stumbled across. You buy it from the chick before you get to the College in Winterhold. Other then that, shouts do more damage if you find the Words of Power stones for 'em.

I'm guessing the strongest spells being sold from an NPC is from College in Winterhold also. I asked around 3 different Court Wizards and all of them sell the exact same spells.
---
Skyrim 11/11/11, Skyrim tomorrow, Skyrim FOREVER until TESVI
#6JimDandDPosted 11/16/2011 2:54:08 AM(edited)
Recently got to 100 Destro so here it goes.

Based purely on rank, the master spells are (kind of spoilers) Blizzard, creates a giant blizzard around you that deals damage, Firestorm, massige aoe nuke , possible lingering damage over time but usually destroys everything instantly, and Lightning Storm, which is basically Kamehameha, you charge it up and shoot a lightning beam as long as you have mana. All three of these require two hands to cast and have a fairly long charge up time. Edited in: These spells are gained by doing a quest from Faralda once you have 100 Destro.

Before that, Incinerate, Ice Spear, and Thunderbolt and expert level, single target missiles, better versions of Firebolt, Frost Spike, and Lightning Bolt. Wall of flame/frost/storm are expert level upgrades to flames/frostbite/sparks that deal good damage and leave a pool of the spells element on the ground for some time.

Fireball, Ice Storm, and Chain Lightning are the adept level aoe spells. Fireball shoots a ball that explodes on impact dealing good aoe damage. Ice Storm(my favorite of these three) shoots a slow moving ball of frozen(yes frozen) that ignores all collision, just goes through everything and damages enemies, a good strategy is to summon a frost atronach and spam Ice Storm from behind him, he is immune to it and it goes through him to kill enemies. I have't used Chain Lightning yet but you can guess what it does.

Finally, Flame/frost/storm cloak summon a swirling cloak of that element around you that deals damage over time to anything within melee range. These aren't great if you plan on staying back and casting spells but are great for battle mages who get up in the action.

Then there are the low level spells that are just weaker versions of some spells mentioned above. You should already know what they are.

And that is my Destro spell guide, really went off on a tangent there. Hope you enjoyed the info.
#7mysteriousdudePosted 11/16/2011 2:50:12 AM
ive heard eventually the college sells certain spells and you have to go on a quest for the last spells once youve reached a certain skill level through the college
#8JimDandDPosted 11/16/2011 2:57:39 AM
Bump because I want people to see my guide haha.
#9jonzilla_basicPosted 11/16/2011 3:02:08 AM

JimDandD posted...
Bump because I want people to see my guide haha.

WOW Excellent knowledge Jim. Thanks!

#10Big_Ed_MustaphaPosted 11/16/2011 3:07:31 AM
What level does your destruction have to be for adept spells to start appearing from mage vendors?
---
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm303/Hunter_Rose/ZOOL.jpg