Why are people concerned with wasting perk points when they are unlimited?

#11myusernametakenPosted 11/16/2011 7:41:39 PM
Not unlimited, although you could max the important skills of Smithing, Enchanting, Destruction (one type), One handed, Shield and Archery, all on one character.
#12tripleaaa7Posted 11/16/2011 7:41:39 PM
you get 80 perks because the max level is 81 and you do not spot getting perks after 50
---
GT: triplearod
Gaming to get: Elder Scrolls:Skyrim (Xbox 360), Halo 4
#13N7Spectre707Posted 11/16/2011 7:43:54 PM
So wait...

Has anyone actually confirmed, themselves, that you still earn perks after level 50?

Because I keep hearing yes you do and no you don't, and I would very much appreciate a definitive answer.
#14apples1671Posted 11/16/2011 7:45:36 PM
N7Spectre707 posted...
So wait...

Has anyone actually confirmed, themselves, that you still earn perks after level 50?

Because I keep hearing yes you do and no you don't, and I would very much appreciate a definitive answer.

Jes
---
Use the search bar. It's up there^^^.
#15MC2011Posted 11/16/2011 7:46:13 PM
N7Spectre707 posted...
So wait...

http://i.imgur.com/5zYoB.jpg

Thanks to Xcon as far as I'm aware.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#16thedirtymoneyPosted 11/16/2011 7:46:21 PM
Can you lower your skills by going to prison? Or would this adversely affect your level? Or do skills not get lowered in prison in this game?
#17MC2011Posted 11/16/2011 7:48:09 PM
thedirtymoney posted...
Can you lower your skills by going to prison? Or would this adversely affect your level? Or do skills not get lowered in prison in this game?

They don't get lowered, you only lose experience in the current level, but never actually decrease in level.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#18cdemaresPosted 11/16/2011 7:58:34 PM
Even if they were limited, how many do you really need? I'm only using three trees. 50 points is way more than enough, honestly. Unlimited points would be really cool, sure, but I'm not terribly worried about running out. At the end of the day, there's an upper limit on how many trees you reasonably need to use. Remember, your progress on a tree is limited by skill levels. Being a super-generalist would actually be really hard to do.
#19orihalchon dragoonPosted 11/16/2011 8:04:45 PM
I feel like there are useless or semi-useless perks in each tree, even the ones I'm using... so I will have no problem getting all the perks I want.
---
you must beat the dead horse till it rides itself to oblivion~ BAMF__
#20N7Spectre707Posted 11/16/2011 8:13:38 PM
cdemares posted...
Even if they were limited, how many do you really need? I'm only using three trees. 50 points is way more than enough, honestly. Unlimited points would be really cool, sure, but I'm not terribly worried about running out. At the end of the day, there's an upper limit on how many trees you reasonably need to use. Remember, your progress on a tree is limited by skill levels. Being a super-generalist would actually be really hard to do.

2 days ago I would have agreed with you.

But since then I've found out that enchantment and smithing are practically required no matter what your playing. The equipment you can make is so, so far superior to anything you can find or buy.

So now I've got destruction, heavy armor, one handed, enchantment, smithing, and some conjuration. It's tough.