Leveling up Heavy/Light Armor (Tip)

#1UFWHOAPosted 11/17/2011 12:33:14 AM
I just wanted to let you all know I found a neat little situation that's leveling up my heavy armor right now.

When you first show up to Whiterun, go to The Bannered Mare, and speaking with Ulthgerd the Unbroken in the corner on the other side and get into a brawl with her. She will keep pummeling you with unarmed attacks.

Now here's my situation, I'm already level 35 (grinded HARDCORE on Hadvar in Helgen) and after some exploring after leveling up, I'm wearing a full Steel Plate Armor set, and my Health is at 310.
With my stats the way they are, she's hitting me for about 3 points of damage at most, and since she backs up for a moment, that health regenerates back to full. So really, I'm taking damage but not coming at all close to losing or dying, almost as if I had infinite health really since it's regenerating right back after I'm hit by her attacks.

I'm not saying this is a fast way to level up your armor skill level, but it's definitely a method that can be used if you want to be able to walk around with the game running and do something else in the meantime (I was watching a movie, now I'm checking out Skyrim on youtube) and come back to it later, check on it, save, and keep it going until you're satisfied.
It's slow, but requires no attention or effort from you. Good for letting it run while to sleep or do other things.
---
PSN ID: ufwhoa
#2UFWHOA(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 12:58:28 AM
*Bump shout*
---
#3no_clipPosted 11/17/2011 1:00:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4UFWHOA(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 1:05:54 AM
no_clip posted...
Really dislike the leveling system. Let's scrubs like OP get max level without actually playing the game.

Higher level character = higher level enemies = MORE fun
Before with my first playthrough Redguard, I was breezing through certain camps and dungeons, and enemies like weak bandits armed with just an iron sword and fur armor.

Now on my second character, these same location replace the enemies with higher level and stronger enemies, and some are even added to the location like frost trolls and bandits with a higher base health and armor rating that possess magicka abilities as well as improved weapons.

Way better than just altering the difficulty, which really just gives the enemies more health and slightly more damage strength

Scrub *psssssh
---
#5zeroboboPosted 11/17/2011 1:09:55 AM
so you're exploiting the game to make it easier for yourself and you're calling people scrubs?

ok bucko.
#6UFWHOA(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 1:15:21 AM
zerobobo posted...
so you're exploiting the game to make it easier for yourself and you're calling people scrubs?

ok bucko.

I wasn't calling anyone a scrub, just mocking the fact I was referred to as one.
It's a single-player game....it's not competitive multiplayer or even a MMORPG.
I spent the money on purchasing it, it's mine to use and play as I see fit.
Even if that means being clever and taking advantage of certain mechanics (not glitching) :-)
I can get my homework done, make dinner, watch a movie, get laid, AND still level up all at the same time!
---
#7Cmac4Posted 11/17/2011 1:17:19 AM
Wait you mean you can level armor skills by getting hit alot? WOW this is amazing news, thank you so much for bringing this to people attention im sure no one knew that...
#8UFWHOA(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 1:22:54 AM
Cmac4 posted...
Wait you mean you can level armor skills by getting hit alot? WOW this is amazing news, thank you so much for bringing this to people attention im sure no one knew that...

Are you being sarcastic...because I really can't tell. I'm autistic over the internet, hard to read your expressions.

This was a tip not on training people about the logic of your armor level going up due to the damage you receive, but the fact that in this instance, you can literally walk away from the game, and come back to find you're leveling up, early in the game with no effort or attention. Sorry that went over your head.
---
#9mukawalkaPosted 11/17/2011 1:39:42 AM
so... how's it working so far?
---
Anything in parenthesis can (not) be ignored.
#10UFWHOA(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 1:41:51 AM
mukawalka posted...
so... how's it working so far?

pretty good, went up from 23 to 55 in about 30 or so minutes
I've been doing other things in the meantime.
Health is still full.
---