Enchanting the iron daggers you make

#1primetime_playaPosted 11/17/2011 1:18:08 AM
What's the best way of doing this to make a profit?
---
PSN: Maveriqk
#2A7X71180Posted 11/17/2011 1:19:06 AM
For me, I enchant them with life drain.... even with a crappy life drain enchant w/ a lesser stone, you can sell the damn things for like 300+ gold.
---
2011 San Diego Chargers:4-5
Go Bolts!
#3primetime_playa(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 1:26:17 AM
Awesome, where can I find that enchant, and how does enchanting work really? I'm on my alt, and on my first, I never enchanted them and lost money.
---
#4xmobxbarleyxPosted 11/17/2011 1:28:21 AM
Dude use Banish spell on daggers. They're worth 1500$ with petty soul gems.
---
I feel bad for trolls... all they get is page one.
#5SOULAMAZING305Posted 11/17/2011 1:30:05 AM
where do you find enchantments for daggers?
#6primetime_playa(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 1:30:11 AM
xmobxbarleyx posted...
Dude use Banish spell on daggers. They're worth 1500$ with petty soul gems.

Where can I get the enchant, and where do you buy the petty soul gems?
---
#7Drak_SwordsmanPosted 11/17/2011 1:37:30 AM
You get the soul gems from Mage shops and court mages, such as the guy in Dragonsreach. You learn enchants by disenchanting enchanted items you have bought/looted.
---
I've got dibs on Juhani. You can have Bastila. KOTOR
Nuiko, TsukiNoNekomimi, Tsuneko//FlyFF Mushpoie
#8xmobxbarleyxPosted 11/17/2011 1:47:48 AM
Dagger enchanting instructions.

1. Find item with "banish" spell.
Banish spell states. "Summoned Daedra are sent to oblivion"
2. Disenchant said item.
Now you have enchantment!
3.Enchant new item with "banish" spell. Daggers are cheapest to craft.

What i did was keep about 100 daggers up at the college. Enchant them when low on funds. The Arcane Enchanter is in one of the halls. Each vendor of spells sells at least 3-5 filled petty and lesser soul gems. All under 200$ each. There's 5 vendors. If your speech is maxed and you have perk that lets you sell anything to any vendor, you can make 4-8 grand before leaving the school. Just sell them the daggers.

Exact location of item with banish spell, I am not certain.
---
I feel bad for trolls... all they get is page one.
#9KamickasPosted 11/17/2011 1:59:10 AM
You can get a crap ton of soul gems by doing the college of winterhold questline. 90% of my miscellaneous inventory is now soul gems, and I have at least 70-100 items in thar.

Enchanting works by first disenchanting an item you wish to have the effect from. So say you found an iron warhammer that drains enemy's health. Disenchant it, and now you've learned the drain health enchantment...and can apply that to new weapons, etc. To enchant a new item on the arcane enchanter screen, first choose the item you wish to enchant, then choose the enchantment and how many charges it has, then finally choose one of your filled soul gems...after all that's chosen, press X and your item will be enchanted.

Filling soul gems requires weapons that have that enchantment, or the soul trap spell. I believe one of the shops in Whiterun sells a soul-binding bow in the beginning of the game. Just kill something in the time requirement listed by the enchantment or spell, and that enemy's soul will fill one of your gems...if you have empty ones in your inventory that is.
#10josefreesPosted 11/17/2011 2:09:00 AM
The biggest trouble you're going to find is finding merchants to sell to with banish. With pretty basic enchanting and speech stats I get daggers worth 1200. With turn undead (weapons that cause flee) I get 200.

And yes the mage quests makes it damn easy to get filled gems. Alot of the enemies you face drop filled gems to save you the trouble.