Beastmaster build questions

#1XamotorpPosted 11/17/2011 10:40:16 AM

I currently have a 2H Heavy Armor Nord who smiths most of his own armor and conjures up some undead/atronachs and uses some frost destruction for ranged attacks, but I am really beginning to want to reroll.

I would like to make an Archer/Dual wielder who can call upon a pet for most of his fights. I know that there is the Conjure Familiar spell, but the wolf sucks by mid teens and I have yet to see any upgraded familiar spells. I read somewhere that the Illusion tree has a Command Animal spell but does anyone know the best way to run this type of a character?

Any ideas would be appreciated :)

In the mean time, google will be my friend.

#2_SCOTSLADPosted 11/17/2011 10:49:03 AM
Actually I am thinking of taking this path.

I am only level 18 so plenty of time to switch my main of destruction to conjuration.

Apparently there are no spells in illusion for summoning.

This is lifted from wikki:http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/TES_V:_Skyrim
The following are the confirmed Conjuration spells:
Bound Sword - Creates a magic sword for 120s. Sheathe it to dispel.
Conjure Familiar - Summons a Familiar for 60s wherever the caster is pointing.
Raise Zombie - Reanimate a weak dead body to fight for you for 60s.
Bound Battleaxe - Creates a magic battle axe for 120s. Sheathe it to dispel.
Conjure Flame Atronach - Summons a Flame Atronach for 60s wherever the caster is pointing.
Conjure Storm Atronach - Summons a Storm Atronach for 60s wherever the caster is pointing.
Conjure Frost Atronach - Summons a Frost Atronach for 60s wherever the caster is pointing.
Reanimate Corpse - Reanimate a more powerful dead body to fight for you for 60s.
Soul Trap - If a target dies within 60s of using this spell, it fills a soul gem.
Banish Daedra - Weaker summoned daedra are sent back to Oblivion.
Bound Bow - Creates a magic bow for 120s. Sheathe it to dispel.
Revenant - Re-animate a powerful dead body to fight for you for 60s.
Command Daedra - Powerful summoned and raised creatures are put under your control.
Conjure Dremora Lord - Summons a Dremora Lord for 60s.
Dread Zombie - Re-animate a very powerful dead body to fight for you for 60s.
Expel Daedra - Powerful summoned daedra creatures are sent back to Oblivion.
Dead Thrall - Re-animate a dead body permanently to fight for you. Only works on people.
Flame Thrall - Summons a Flame Atronach permanently.
Frost Thrall - Summons a Frost Atronach permanently.
Storm Thrall - Summons a Storm Atronach permanently.
Flaming Familiar - Summons a Flaming Familiar which will charge into battle and explode.
Summon Arniel's Shade - Summons a Shade of Arniel Gane for 60s, wherever the caster is pointing.
Summon Unbound Dremora - Summons an unbound Dremora.
---
Touch ane, touch a
#3Xamotorp(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 11:06:50 AM

Yeah Im trying to not do conjuring because there isnt really an animal thing in there aside from Conjure Familiar. I was hoping someone would give their experience on using the Illusion tree to get an animal companion.