D-pad hotkeys

• Topic Archived
4 years ago#1
Whilst Skyrim is easily one of the best games I have ever played, and I've played a lot, I just can't understand how they could get the hotkeys so wrong. They just don't work. Have I completely misunderstood how they work? How do you choose which hand changes to your hotkeyed spell/weapon? And how do you change back?
Is this a question?
4 years ago#2
TheBaldAdept posted...
Whilst Skyrim is easily one of the best games I have ever played, and I've played a lot, I just can't understand how they could get the hotkeys so wrong. They just don't work. Have I completely misunderstood how they work? How do you choose which hand changes to your hotkeyed spell/weapon? And how do you change back?

I have yet to figure out how to hotkey, I've just been using the favorite menu.
"Are you saying that this game isn't a poorly written story, but instead a poorly written metaphor?"-electroflame
4 years ago#3
I tried the hotkey and it was bizarre.I just use favorites now...
()xxx[]:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
The Ghost o' Quakecon Yet To Come
(message deleted)
4 years ago#5
do you mean using left and right d-pad, as opposed to up or down? If so, I use a flame torch for the right press. I think you select (equip) the item using Y from main play screen and then press left or right for couple seconds, a number 1 or 2 will appear, (I cannot remember exactly).
I think the normal order of shortcuts using up d-pad is just alphabetical?
It works okay for me. I like it
4 years ago#6
You can hold right or left in an item in the favorite menu to hotkey it, you can only hotkey two items.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite topic on the Gamefaqs.
4 years ago#7
When in the favourites menu you can hold down left or right on the D-pad which assigns 1. or 2. next to the spell/weapon. However, when you then try to use it it seems to be fairly random as to which hand changes.
Is this a question?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived