D-pad hotkeys

#1TheBaldAdeptPosted 11/17/2011 3:09:14 PM
Whilst Skyrim is easily one of the best games I have ever played, and I've played a lot, I just can't understand how they could get the hotkeys so wrong. They just don't work. Have I completely misunderstood how they work? How do you choose which hand changes to your hotkeyed spell/weapon? And how do you change back?
---
Is this a question?
#2Skurv7Posted 11/17/2011 3:11:49 PM
TheBaldAdept posted...
Whilst Skyrim is easily one of the best games I have ever played, and I've played a lot, I just can't understand how they could get the hotkeys so wrong. They just don't work. Have I completely misunderstood how they work? How do you choose which hand changes to your hotkeyed spell/weapon? And how do you change back?

I have yet to figure out how to hotkey, I've just been using the favorite menu.
---
"Are you saying that this game isn't a poorly written story, but instead a poorly written metaphor?"-electroflame
#3E_S_M_ZPosted 11/17/2011 3:14:05 PM
I tried the hotkey and it was bizarre.I just use favorites now...
---
()xxx[]:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
The Ghost o' Quakecon Yet To Come
#4thunder670Posted 11/17/2011 3:14:17 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5ado982LPosted 11/17/2011 3:17:27 PM
do you mean using left and right d-pad, as opposed to up or down? If so, I use a flame torch for the right press. I think you select (equip) the item using Y from main play screen and then press left or right for couple seconds, a number 1 or 2 will appear, (I cannot remember exactly).
I think the normal order of shortcuts using up d-pad is just alphabetical?
It works okay for me. I like it
#6aaazeusPosted 11/17/2011 3:17:42 PM
You can hold right or left in an item in the favorite menu to hotkey it, you can only hotkey two items.
---
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite topic on the Gamefaqs.
#7TheBaldAdept(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 3:19:21 PM
When in the favourites menu you can hold down left or right on the D-pad which assigns 1. or 2. next to the spell/weapon. However, when you then try to use it it seems to be fairly random as to which hand changes.
---
Is this a question?